Looking for inexpensive -48v to +12v or +5v, 10-15 watt converter

I need to run some microprocessor equipment
from -48 volt central office battery and I'm
looking for a packaged and tested converter
for a reasonable price.

Re: Looking for inexpensive -48v to +12v or +5v, 10-15 watt converter

"Reasonable" price is subjective, but here's a source for starters:
http://www.astrodyne.com/astro/dept_dcdc.asp?dept%5Fid=6

Looks like they're in the $38-$50 range.

Cheers,
Richard

Re: Looking for inexpensive -48v to +12v or +5v, 10-15 watt converter
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 22:11:18 -0700, GrumpyOldGeek

Depending on what you mean by reasonable - try Traco Power. They make
quite an extensive and good quality range of DC-DC converters.
http://www.tracopower.com
I used to recommend Datel as well, but the last batch of DC-DCs we got
from them did not meet their specs at all. (They started to die at 40
C, while they are supposed to be rated full power up to 85 C)

Regards
  Anton

Site Timeline