IrDA transceivers with integrated 3/16 (de)modulator

Hi all,

Are there IrDA transceivers with integrated 3/16 (de)modulator?

Regards Gerard

Reply to
Geard Zagema / StackTools

I haven't come across any transceivers that have this feature built it, but Microchip has a series of parts (MCP21xx) that will encode standard UART signaling to 3/16 modulation.

Adam

Reply to
Adam Braun

IrDA transceivers are mainly optical, and do not have a clock, so this is unlikely. Zilog have some small uC that have IrDA UARTs, and maxim do a serial UART that I think also has IrDA modes. Zilog also make the optical transceivers, so they would be a good place to ask about combined modules. (eZ8+Optics)

-jg

Reply to
Jim Granville