Introductory material on compact flash memory

I'm looking for web available introductory material on using compact
flash and what's required to have a micro controller store data on one.
Data will only be written sequentially and only read sequentially at a
later time. No file structure needed by application as it would
considered as a single file spanning the device.

Couldn't pick out useful sites from 1000's of Google hits.

Re: Introductory material on compact flash memory
didn't  Circuit Cellar have an article on this a while back?

Re: Introductory material on compact flash memory

Embedded Systems Engineering (current issue Vol 3.3 May2005) has a group
of articles on the topic. Their web-site is <http://www.esemagazine.co.uk/ .

Re: Introductory material on compact flash memory
Do you expect a desktop computer to read the data stored on the CF card ??

Re: Introductory material on compact flash memory

No, want to use it as storage medium in black box I'm thinking of.

Re: Introductory material on compact flash memory

If you set the CF in IDE mode, then you can access it through 8
registers.
Bascially, you store the LBA address in serveral of the registers, and
read/write
sectors (512 bytes) from the data register.  Just look for codes
interfacing IDE drives and adapt them to the CF.

You need to know why to look for.

Re: Introductory material on compact flash memory

LOL do you realize just how much you presumed ;}

I remember when compactrons and nuvistors were introduced.
A 14 inch hard disk held a few MB and high speed was 300 BAUD.
Things have changed since I was low level hardware oriented.

Re: Introductory material on compact flash memory

Sorry, a typo, I meant what to look for.