HC08 USB Broad Problem

Hi all,

I have been trying to get the HC08 project as featured on the

web site. It seams so easy, yet I am having major problems trying to get it up and running. I have built my own broad and believe the broad is been programmed correctly. I am using the NoICE programmer which verified the program memory is correct.

When I connect the card to the USB port, I get the normal "hardware detected" and go through the steps of installing the drivers. In my device manager I have "USBIO connected device" which seams to be correct. But when I come to run the HC08 test program, all I every get is the message "Couldn't open port! Please restart application to retry!". I have tried to debug the builder code and is seams to be failing at:

succ = SetupDiEnumDeviceInterfaces(DeviceList, NULL, (GUID*)InterfaceGuid, DeviceNumber, &DevData );

Which would apply the following error "USBIO_ERR_NO_SUCH_DEVICE_INSTANCE"

I would wondering if there is any other tests which can be done to check the card and communicating through the USB port!!!!!

I have either done some thing stupid or have missed some thing. Any advise would be appreciated, before I pull out all my hair..

Many thanks Brendon Shaw

Reply to
Brendon Shaw