Ethernet interface with W3100A problem

Hi I have a problem programming the WizNET W3100A ethernet chip I initialize it well and it reply to the echo request (ping) I make the Channel 0 to listen At this point I try to receive data sent with and application on m PC All seems to work and I can read correctly the data sent from my P from the W3100A Rx Buffer but, sometimes, when I read the tw pointers of the Rx Buffer (Cx_RR_PR and Cx_RW_PR) the W3100A seems t perform a reset and all of its registers are set to 00H and, o course, nothing works anymore

As the datasheet say I read first the corrisponding Shadow register

wait about 2uS the read the Pointer

I work in mode 2 (non clocked mode)

Anyone can give me some suggestion

Thanks in advanc

Reply to
Mitsuhashi

What MCU are you using to interface to the W3100A ? What is the bus timing when accessing the W3100A ? Are you sure you are meeting the bus timing requirements of both your MCU and the W3100A ?

Regards Anton Erasmus

Reply to
Anton Erasmus

I've study the problem since yesterday and I discovered that the rese is performed after the reading of the Shadow Register of the W3100A

There is anyone who had that problem in the past

Reply to
Mitsuhashi

Yes, the timing is correct for both MCU and W310

I'm using a NEC 784031 as MCU interfaced with a 4245 as bus voltag

converter I'm using a 8 bit data bus and a complete address bus for th addressing

I can read the RX buffer without any error and this prove that th

timing for R/W operation are correct

The W3100 seems to reset itself after the reading of a shado

register, not every time but sometimes...

Any other suggestion

Reply to
Mitsuhashi