ethernet problem

Differential signals. pins 1(+) and 2(-) going one way, 3(+) and 6(-) going the other. Other pins usually connected in a "bob smith" termination.

google 100 base tx chips and look at interface specs.

And with fast ethernet, these are fast signals.

--
Namaste--
Reply to

I'm trying to create an in-series circuit board with status LED's indicating data being transmitted. this would be used to hook into different segments to find out where damaged cable would be. I was thinking of using a PNP transistor with a 5V source to the collector, line from the particular line it's picking up on to the base and emitter going to the LED. My problem is i can't detect any voltage or amps comming through the line even though it is active.

in the Cat5e cable there are 4 twisted pairs: Orange, Green, Blue, Brown. I want to hook each into a LED to determine any activity on that pair. Why do i not detect any amp's or voltage comming trhough the line?

Reply to
none

This won't work. Just forget it.

--Mac