Ethernet Encoding schemes

Hi All,

I want some guidence for encoding schemes used in ethernet

I know that for gigabit ethernet mostly the 8b10b encoding scheme is used and also I have heard about 64b/66b scheme.

which one is actually used....?

If I need to send my data on ethernet which one I should use and while receiving any data, is there any method for detecting that the receiving data is coded in which scheme...?

Thanks & Regards Kedar

Reply to
kedarpapte

For Gigabit ethernet, two encodings are used for 1000Base-x , 8b10b ;and for 1000Base-T , 4D PAM5.

64b/66b is used for 10G. Not for 1G. Regards. JOSE
Reply to
josesmn