Data Logger

I am looking for a data logger device, to use in an embedded project I'm
working on. Basically, this device is to log information that is dumped
onto it via ethernet, by another processor.

Anyone have good recommendations for an eval board that I could acquire
to work on this? Thank you all for your inputs. They are invaluable!

Karthik

Re: Data Logger

A standard PC ?

Re: Data Logger

No, I am looking for a low power device, with no more than 2-3 megs of
data, and costing no more than $300. I did some poking around on the
net, but I'm afraid I am not very knowledgeable about this. I appreciate
all your help!

Re: Data Logger
On Mon, 19 Sep 2011 14:53:20 -0600, Karthik Bharadwaj

Then maybe a netbook?  Easily had for under $300, usually include an
Ethernet port, and are (relatively) low power.  Or how about one of
the PC/104 SBC systems?

Sorry, I know of no ready-to-go data loggers with Ethernet *inputs*
for anything near that price.  Many data loggers have sensors or
serial inputs, and Ethernet outputs, but

It's kind of moot - if the data is on the LAN anyway, in most cases
you could just run it to its real destination without too much
additional work.

Re: Data Logger

You can use a micro with USB host, which would accept USB ethernet
adapter.  However, you are on your own with software.

Re: Data Logger

pcengines.ch

small, low power, works well with linux.

Bye Jack
--
Yoda of Borg am I! Assimilated shall you be! Futile resistance is, hmm?

Re: Data Logger

Would something like this suit your needs?

<http://www.embeddedarm.com/products/arm-sbc.php

It was easy to see why you might have failed with a Google Search for what
you wanted. You will, of course, have to write your own logging application
for it.

Re: Data Logger

HOBO
http://www.onsetcomp.com/data-logger

Re: Data Logger
Hi Karthik,

You don't say what form the information will be in.
Nor what you want to do with it afterwards.

E.g., a *printer* satisfies your posted criteria...  ;-)

Alternatively, you could use a NAS box, open a file on it
and just keep *writing*.  (then, when you want to *see*
what you wrote, open the same file -- from a PC? -- and
*read* the file)

Re: Data Logger
says...

This board from GeeseWare has an STM32F207, which has ethernet, USB,
and SDIO capability.  The MPU is an ARM Cortex M3 running at
120Mhz.

http://www.geeseware.com/1-2-8-25/Board%20feature.htm

Mark Borgerson

Site Timeline