Data logger design

Hello,

I'm looking for a data logger with and ADC capable of >300khz. The aim is to record from an ultrasonic microphone (bat detecting) to a palmtop or laptop.

The requirements are :

USB

12-bit preferably >300khz (bats squeak up to 120khz) battery or PC powered (over USB)

There are several solutions in the form of commercial scopes and software, but a homebuild schematic would be great as most of the fancy features of a fast scope aren't needed and cheap ADC don't sample frequently enough.

If someone could point me in the right direction. I'm sure I saw a 8mhz ADC in one of the electronic magazines a while ago but I can't find it now. If someone has some hints I can call up a magazine from the library archive.

Many thanks, Philip

Reply to
Philip Frampton

Philip, I'm not sure if you want to record the bat's actual "chirp" - it sounds like you may want to, but there are a number of bat detector circuits around. I can't remember where I saw them, it may have been on Dave Johnstons Imagineering site. Googling should point you to something. These were for detecting bat "events" rather than details of the bats actual sounds. You may be way past this so this may not help you at all. Have fun. rob

Reply to
Rob