backlight LED display rather hot...

5 V +ve and gnd are connected to the computer power supply.
backlight LED display rather hot...higher than I read from the spec.

please comment.

Re: backlight LED display rather hot...
IT needs some kind of current limiting. Read the data sheet.

Re: backlight LED display rather hot...

If you can't stand the heat ...

--
Mike Page BEng(Hons) MIEE           www.eclectic-web.co.uk

Re: backlight LED display rather hot...

I added LED display ( backlight) for my linux box and wrote up the internal
status for that.  It is getting hot over a period of time. I let it on the
whole nite. it looks fine. NO burn up.

Re: backlight LED display rather hot...
The backlit LCDs I have used needed a current limiter to be added.
Usually a resistor in series with the power supply is sufficient.
Regards,
JC

Re: backlight LED display rather hot...

Try this: http://www.nerdlabs.org/tools/ledcalc.php

HTH,

  Vadim

Re: backlight LED display rather hot...

Hy,

for my 40 X 2 LCD backlight i connect a 4R7 / 5W resistor in series to limit
the current!

JK

Re: backlight LED display rather hot...

Use 5,6 ohm resistor if 16x2

Re: backlight LED display rather hot...
On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 20:55:07 +0100, "Harrie Geerts"

The following page details the calculation
http://www.splatco.com/splat/skb/skbredir.htm?toc51527.htm?458.htm

Site Timeline