Attention : Embedded Developers, we need you!

Hi all,

Our client is in the business of developing cutting edge Wireless Technology and Devices. We are looking for Engineers to join our client on Contract-to-hire / Permanent basis and work with their Development team.

Brief about the division:

Customer engineering supports customers with all aspects of embedded software and systems development. This includes assisting OEMs with designs, providing training, debugging, assistance in optimizing and integrating software. It exposes the candidate to the key players in the wireless industry worldwide and places him or her right in the heart of the dynamism of 3G wireless deployment.

This position is responsible for helping our customers commercialize LBS on our 3GPP LCS implementation (LCS, SUPL 1.0) and SIM/USIM Solutions.

The role requires interfacing with handset developers, base-station partners and wireless carriers worldwide. Training, assisting customers with software design, integration, development, system debugging, handling customer Q&A, and interfacing closely with internal developers are some of the key activities in this position.

Skills/Experience: This is a very challenging position that requires the candidate to learn and internalize our client's software and operation concepts very quickly. The candidate will support a wide range of software discussions, ranging from low level embedded software to high-level carrier features.

Key skills include

  • Strong software debugging skills on embedded real time operating systems

  • Strong experience in C/C++ programming

  • Previous Embedded Software development experience.

  • Demonstrated expertise with tools and techniques used in debugging.

The candidate is expected to have strong communication and interpersonal skills, high motivation, the ability to learn quickly, and must be a self-starter. Backgrounds working on implementing GPS, LBS protocols such as SUPL 1.0, Knowledge and/or implementation experience in RUIM, SIM or USIM a plus. This candidate will be responsible for driving OEM designs and the assisting OEMs in the integration of our offering into commercial handsets and devices.

Additional Skills:

  • Prior experience with portable hand-held devices and technical support for customers desirable.

  • Embedded or wireless system software development and integration on telecommunications devices.

  • Familiarity with ARM architecture, ARM assembly, emulators/JTAG- debuggers, Spirent ULTS/PLTS test equipment, 1x/UMTS/GSM call box test equipment, test equipment such as Oscilloscope/Logic Analyzers, test- mobiles & logging tools an advantage.

  • Knowledge of standards for LBS (SUPL 1.0, 3GPP LCS, 3GPP2 V1/V2

architectures) is a plus.

  • Knowledge of standards for SIM/USIM/RUIM is a plus.

  • Ability to work as part of a dedicated project team and independently essential.

  • Knowledge and experience in Windows CE/Windows Mobile a plus.

Education Requirements: BSCS/BSEE required with 2+ years of experience; Master's degree preferred

Please send in your resumes to snipped-for-privacy@sqlstar.com

Thanks Badrie

Reply to
SQL Star International,Inc

jeez, they don't even need DNA++ sequencing skills, must be in Bangladesh

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Since you fail to specify where these positions are, one can only assume Bangalore (or India, anyway). Next contestant, please.

pete

--
pete@fenelon.com "how many clever men have called the sun a fool?"
Reply to

Considering they also mentioned 'real time operating systems' as well I suspect they are using the evolutionary time scale for DNA++ sequencing in 'real time'.

Probably also require 15 years experience of "Windows CE", along with 20 years of Windows XP.

    PC Services
             For those web sites you hate
Reply to
Paul Carpenter

Translation: Our guys built something that doesn't work. Can you make it work?

Reply to
Tom Lucas

Fuck off!

Are you really.

Oh here we go.

Yawns.

Yes but do you understand what the words mean?

Words.

Oh very important.

Make your mind up. C and C++ and two completely different mindsets.

Yes, you've already said that.

Well one would hope so.

Fuck off!

The wizzle and the fizzle of the drizzle in the tozzle of the fozzle around the Gozzle, makes it all work?

Well that would be start. Else you wouldn't know what was happening would you. I hope you don't mean one these shit LA's from China!!

Sorry I switched off. Does not compute. Syntax Error. Integer Out Of Range. Variable mismatch. Danger Will Robinson, Danger Will Robinson.

Reply to
Aly

Splendid post, thanks ;)

pete

--
pete@fenelon.com "how many clever men have called the sun a fool?"
Reply to
Pete Fenelon

Oh but I did have my reservations after I clicked Post... :-)

It just drives me up the wall. Embedded developers, electronic engineers, Linux coders.. They're all inheriently awkward and difficult to deal with, such that this recruitment approach only ever attracts those that are, well, not any of those.

I've noticed in recent years that there are a significant number of potentials who come up with ideas and say how easily it could be done. Often found on WWW forums where there are real problems needing real solutions. Yet all they do is talk. Nothing ever gets done.

And this is precisely the kind of people who will fit in with this company. By coming here they are looking in totally the wrong place.

The Wild Wild West of Usenet. Where stupid questions aren't just given stupid answers. They're met with the screaming obvious. And this is the kind of place that I like. The people who post here are shit-hot.

Like if I had a problem then I know that it would be explored FULLY here. But equally so, I would be expected to actually put some effort in.

Reply to
Aly

No problem there - I have been using Windows CE (inflicted by my employer) for the past few months. I do feel at least 15 years older...

Roberto Waltman

[ Please reply to the group, return address is invalid ]
Reply to
Roberto Waltman

(and so forth)

I have to chime in about this disgusting spam. This is the worst of the worst headhunting ads I've ever seen: too long, buzzword overloaded, and pretty much empty. It's all about the employer. What's in it for the potential employee? There's no mention of location, pay, or benefits. The only reason to answer this ad is desperation.

JJS

Reply to
John Speth

Would be considerably improved by deleting all two word sentences. Best would be to simply ignore the spam.

--

                        cbfalconer at maineline dot net
Reply to

C and C++ _should_be_ different mindsets, but it often doesn't work that way in practice. How many "C++" projects have you seen that don't use the OO paradigm at all, merely C++'s additional syntactic fluff? In extreme cases you have "C++ programmers" (usually on Windows) who have never even heard of C, but that's exactly what they are writing.

--
Andrew Smallshaw
andrews@sdf.lonestar.org

Well, it could be US, and with no "qualified" responses, H1-B time!

Gary

Reply to
Gary Drummond