arm-elf-gcc , assembler error, please help

Trying to compile for the arm943e-s.

Question one. How do I select this from the gcc command line?

Question two: when I do compile I get the following error message:

/cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/Mike/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccihgTxF.s: Assembler messages: /cygdrive/c/DOCUME~1/Mike/LOCALS~1/Temp/ccihgTxF.s:676: Error: ARM register expe cted -- `mcr p15,0,addr,c7,c6,1' make: *** [ucs.o] Error 1

command line options used: arm-elf-gcc -I blah blah -D blah bla -g -c filename.c -o filename.o

Thanks, Mike

Reply to
bsd_mike

Go to:

and follow your nose to:

+3 GCC Command Options +3.17 Hardware Models and Configurations +3.17.2 ARM Options

then look at the option -mcpu=name

[direct link:
Regards,
Richard.

+ http://www.FreeRTOS.org
A free real time kernel for 8, 16 and 32bit systems.

+ http://www.SafeRTOS.com
An IEC 61508 compliant real time kernel for safety related systems.
Reply to
FreeRTOS.org

You have already got the answer to question 1.

As for question 2, unless it's changed in recent ARM variants, I believe that mcr requires a register and not an address.

Simon.

Microsoft: Bringing you 1980's technology to a 21st century world
Reply to
Simon Clubley

Thanks everybody.

-Mike