any difference between $0000 and 0x0000 in AVR assembler?

Hi - I'm learning how to program AVRs right now with assembler. In one bit
of example code, they wrote ".org $0000" and then in another piece of
example code they wrote ".org 0x0000" So does this mean $ and 0x denote the
same thing and are interchangeable? Thanks!

Re: any difference between $0000 and 0x0000 in AVR assembler?

If you tend to write in C, you usually write 0x0000
If you tend to write in Motorola Assembler, you usually write $0000
If you tend to write in Intel Assembler, you usually write 0000h

Nowadays, many languages seem to merge together in one form or another, so
some languages tend to accept several types.

Re: any difference between $0000 and 0x0000 in AVR assembler?

At one time I had a chart of about 20 different hexadecimal
notations I'd encountered.  I recall producing it upon finding
that the Ada people couldn't make do with one of the existing
notations and had to invent yet another.

Site Timeline