An important problem for me on C54x, variables initilaization

Dear group

1-In Code composer when I change the init model method in linker tab o build option from "run time initialization" to "load time initialization at the load time of my .out file to DSP, it shows the data verificatio error on ".idata0" section while this section is not defined in my cm file and map file. in the "run time auto initialization" load action i done correctly. What is the differences between auto initializaton modes? I compared th produced map files and saw that they are the same exept that in runtim mode one page of my Programe page is used while in load time mode it doe not used. This page contains CINIT section information.

2- When I initialize one of the arrays in my code as following: int A[]={1,2,4,5,7}; it works in "volume.c" from tutorials example; but when I use this lin in other project which is big (more than one page), it does not initilize the array? Do you know why?

please describe the reason and introduce a proper reference. Regards

Reply to
ahmadagha23

Well, apparently that doesn't keep the program loader from expecting to find one, does it?

Isn't that obvious from the name? Load time is when the program loader (OS, bootloader, whatever) read the program's image from some other medium and moves it into runtime memory. Run time is everything after that, i.e. from the jump into the application's startup code onwards.

The difference is where the initialization data for initialized static variables go. These initializers are probably what the loader is looking for in that .idata0 section. Load time means the loader copies them directly to the run-time location of the variables, run-time means the loader puts them elsewhere, and leaves it to the application's own startup code to copy them to the variable's location.

Among the effective differences caused by this is whether you always need a separate program loader to run the program, or the startup code can do all the work by itself.

Reply to
Hans-Bernhard Bröker

You might check yahoo groups for this answer. There is a TI_DSP group that may help you.

Scott

Reply to
Not Really Me