Subject Author Posted Replies

LPC21XX and FreeRTOS - Debug, Timing, or Stack (?) Problem?
Hi, I've adopted some old code and I'll be the first to admit I have no idea what I'm doing. I'm working with LPC2129-based hardware running FreeRTOS 6.1. My code executed until I made a few small...
11
11

Free Renesas RL78-G14 Microcontroller Demo Kit is a Neat Tool Toy!
This board has WiFi 802.11b and can act as an access point or a hotspot. Two LCD displays including eInk. Micro SD card slot. Sensors include a 3-axis accelerometer, temperature sensor, ambient light...
14
14

SSD1963 LCD controller PWM output failure
Hello, I designed a motherboard based on a STM32F205 MCU from ST which communicates with a 5 inches TFT LCD through a SSD1963 LCD controller from Solomon Systech. This LCD controller has a PWM output...
2
2

Wiznet W5200 Ethernet is not detected by PC...
I am working on an embedded device which uses MSP430 series controller. The device support Ethernet connection using Wiznet w5200 IC which has inbuilt TCP stack. I am facing an issue with network...

OT Macbook to replace PC notebook?
I'm considering replacing my dated ThinkPad with a MacBook Pro. Used for travel, code development and presentations. I know MS tools are avalailable, but does anyone have experience running embedded...
6
6

Parallax Propeller
For some reason I found myself reading these newsgroups which I haven't really used for many years. It seems that although the Parallax Propeller web forums are extremely active there never seems to...
67
67

SENT J2716 Protocol example strings ?
Hi, does anybody have some SENT (SAE J2716) protocol sample strings, 8-Nibble preferably, they could send me ? Any that I find on the web are of dubious CRC integrity (dunno why) and I just want to...

Puzzling power results STM32F4 FPU test
In a recent thread Jon Kirwan and I were discussing FPUs and power consumption. I decided to try some real world tests on an STM32F4 Discovery board. After a few tests in the ChiBios RTOS, where I...
17
17

Re: z8671 basic chip
Old is an understatement. If I recall correctly in my increasing senility, back in 1999 you had to write your Usenet posts out longhand and then wait for the mail coach to come around to pick it up.
3
3

Did anyone wrote a slave device
for the single wire system. so a ctlr with a mix of DS18B20 and other slave devices ( other Microctrl) with some application. Many thanks in advances André

Looking for ARM system with RTOS
I'm right at the end of my tether in trying to move some real time stuff (MIDI) to Linux. The ARM-9 platform I've chosen, while very nice in other ways, uses a proprietary FPGA interface for all the...
46
46

STM32 and CyaSSL - Hardware Crypto and RNG Support
Hi, We would like to announce that the CyaSSL embedded SSL library now has supp ort for hardware-based cryptography and random number generation offered by the STM32F2. Supported cryptographic...
1
1

Optimize a serial protocol between two applications
I have two C applications running on embedded platforms. Actually they communicate through a serial connection (38400bps) with a proprietary binary protocol. The master application sends commands to...
21
21

USB power and debug signals on micro USB connector
(you may also find this post on where I posted by accident. I'll try to cancel it there.) For a handheld device, powered by a Li-ion cell, I need a charge power input. Most standard chips for charging...
10
10

Help with Exposed pins protection
I am designing a project that is very similar to TI MSP-WDS430BT2000D kit. My design would need rechargeable battery, be Water-resistant and to have some way to talk to external world without opening...