The entire history of TV is lost with HDTV

Oh they know you don't want it, they just do not care. They care about what they wany. $$$

Reply to
jurb6006

Not that I've had need to do it yet, I read somewhere that when you replace the HD in a TIVO or similar device, it needs a Linux/Unix file system form at. However the software is not on there as far as I can glean, it is in EP ROM or something. Also the micro could just have the code on board. I woud say just the program but with alot of the extensions/settings in an externa l EPROM. Flashing it is like a Windows update, it doesn't change everything .

So how long before virises indfect TVs ya think ? They already got to cellp hones.

Anyway, now that I think of Linux, I remember a demo on youtube of Linux MC E. Pop in a DVD and on comes the TV with the correct source selected. Go to the kitchen for a drink and the TV in there pops on playing that source, e ven the bathroom I presume. It follows your cellphone around. Not sure how it deals with multiple people but I guess it wouyld just follow the signal fro theior cellphone around as wel as long as they were in the room when th e DVD started. I found it interesting. A quick search would probably find i t.

Reply to
jurb6006

All the Freeview PVRs I've seen so far have had the format util in the ROM firmware.

Whether you can actually find it in the menu system is another matter.

Reply to
Ian Field