SCART HDTV vs RCA TV power comsumption

I'm a software engineering working with a Set Top Box (STB) which has both SCART HDTV and RCA TV connectors. I think I am having a power problem with the STB when I connect a wireless NIC into the USB port. It works great in RCA TV mode, but when I use the SCART HDTV settings, the STB reboots when the USB device is initialized. I think that there is a significant power drain in the system when the wireless NIC initializes the transceiver. I also think that in HDTV mode, the power drain causes the STB to exceed some critical threshold which causes a reset. Can anyone point me to the right direction to information about the power consumption of SCART vs RCA?

Thanks,

((&->

Reply to
QuasiCodo

If you have a supply problem, maybe try with an externally powered USB hub, that way your STB shouldn't be strained too much.

OTOH I have seen a USB disk enclosure causing reboot of a PC at insertion due to bad drivers, so it doesn't *have* to be a power issue. (so if it still cycles with the powered hub, you may have to dig deeper)

/Rolf

Reply to
Rolf Blom G (AS/EAB)

Please don't top-post. Please do maintain attributions for material you quote. See the following links:

--
 Some informative links:
Reply to