HDTV lost

My Polaroid 32" LCD works fine, excepting the HDMI part. I really miss this machine as it had many imput and outputs. Would a replacement 'T-con drive board' most likely remedy my loss of HDTV?

Reply to
chas

Hard to say from here. I wouldn't go replacing boards without checking many other things. Did you do a factory reset?

Tom

Reply to
Tom Biasi

From anything that I have read, Polaroid is not a particularly good product. Samsung,in my experience, would be a better purchase. And these "ports/plugs" are inputs (in/out)!

Reply to
pheeh.zero

**************************** I have been very impressed with the Sony products I have obtained...both new and off eBay. But for some reason when all the Brands are lined up in WalMart one can see a distinct difference. And some of the 'name' Brands are not the best. That was why I chose the 'P' years ago. My 33" Polaroid is quite old and I am supprised it lasted that long. I had no picture problems like lost pixels, dark spots, ect. That Polaroid weights twice and much as my 32" Emerson (which doesn't have a high consumer rating). I couldn't see behind the TV's on display in WalMart a few days ago but it seems multiple outputs are becoming rare. I tried to take the back off the Polaroid and couldn't. There must be some catchs one has to release. I would love to see where the 'T-Con drive board' is, and if it would be a bitch to replace. . ..There are tons of COMPOSITE, SGA, SGVA, Video to HDMI 'Converters', but I only saw one Converter on eBay that went HDMI to Composite. There were a couple on Amazon. . . .thanks for the reply.. .. chas
Reply to
chas

Samsung,in my experience, would be a better purchase. And these "ports/plugs" are inputs (in/out)!

Considering Polaroid is known for cameras where the film is instantly developed, you have to suspect the name on something that is unrelated, like a TV set.

Either they've rented out their name, or have just picked some generic tv and put their brand on it. Not a new thing, but not the same thing as some might think it means, engineers toiling in the Polaroid labs to design an especially good tv set.

Michael

Reply to
Michael Black

Samsung,in my experience, would be a better purchase. And these "ports/plugs" are inputs (in/out)!

Exactly, Polaroid, like GE, B&D, Westinghouse, and a thousand other companies have sold their name for certain product lines. They have nothing to do with the parent company other than the logo.

Reply to
krw

product. Samsung,in my experience, would be a better purchase. And these "ports/plugs" are inputs (in/out)!

Sure, the real B&H went under eons ago. The only thing left is a holding company pimping the name.

Reply to
krw

Google "tom petters polaroid" to get the story of what happened to Polaroid. Basically Tom Petters (now residing in Leavenworth for the next 50 years) purchased the name to put a respectable face on his ponzi scheme.

Reply to
Mark Storkamp

product. Samsung,in my experience, would be a better purchase. And these "ports/plugs" are inputs (in/out)!

Or Packard Bell - I recall a 1960's vintage micro computer with mercury delay lines. It was a PB-250.

product. Samsung,in my experience, would be a better purchase. And these "ports/plugs" are inputs (in/out)!

Packard Bell PC clones were built by NEC.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

product. Samsung,in my experience, would be a better purchase. And these "ports/plugs" are inputs (in/out)!

tv