What is a good "standard" force for a momentary push-button?

Title says it all. I'm trying to find information about what is a good range for the force needed to activate a momentary push-button switch. My application is to build a custom "d-pad" style array like you might find on a video game controller or personal electronics. But I'd also appreciate any links to empirical studies or published papers on the subject. I'm having trouble getting Google to even come close to the topic... :T Thanks,

-Will

Reply to
larkmore

computer keyboard: ballpark of 1N