USB Syntax?

I was using it to debug my brother's machine going through only 1 router (mine). While it was much better than trying to tell him what to do over the phone, it was nasty slow. 10 Mbps plus 300 miles worth of network delays is not fast enough to move a lot of pixel data around. Then I told him to get a router to cut down on viruses and I couldn't get it working again. I didn't spend that much time trying to get it to work (try telling a technophobe how to alter IP settings over the phone), and I haven't gotten around to trying it since.

If your router supports VPN I think it should be easy, but I'm not a network guru. VNC is common enough that I'm sure someone must have put a "recipe" on the net somewhere for how to do this. If you do figure it out, please pass on the info!

Tim

Marmot Engineering . . . . . . .  VHDL, ASICs, FPGAs, embedded systems
Vancouver, BC, Canada  . . . . . . . . . . . http://www.marmot-eng.com
Reply to
Tim Hubberstey

I have the same problem with trackballs.

--
 JosephKK
  --Schiller

And the tracks they leave everywhere are a pain to clean. ;-)

I think I still have one of the first trackballs. It was used so much that the steel rollers were worn down to the point the ball dropped through. It was in my collection of computer oddities.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

A "KVM" switch, if you're not switching the keyboard too get a KVM with manual controls.

"Synnergy" is possibly another option. (fake it using software)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts

if your router supports port forwarding (most do) all you need to do is forward a different port to each PC's address (whuich means configuring the PCs to have fixed IP addresses would be a good idea)

some vnc servers have a will serve a java client from a second port which can be handy if you can't install a full client on the machine in front of you. (you may want to forward that port too)

Bye. Jasen

Reply to
Jasen Betts