Today's young people are weaklings

Today's young people are weaklings.

My car broke down on the freeway. I had my two teenage sons come to rescue me. I was only 16 miles from home so I told them to push the car home. They began pushing, while I steered. But they could not exceed

7mph. The speed limit is 60. The minimum speed is 45. I told them they must push the car at least 45 mph. They could not do it.

What the hell is wrong with today's youth? When I was their age I could have easily pushed a car at 50mph or more, and back then the cars weighed more than they do now. Its sad how our youth today have no muscles. All they do is stare at those goddamn smartphones instead of becoming strong men.

If America is ever attacked by Russia, we will lose because of our weakling youth. I blame it all on those goddamn cordless phones and computers.

Reply to
mike.lawler2

Are you under the impression that your children owe you something?

Sylvia.

Reply to
Sylvia Else

On a sunny day (Wed, 24 Jul 2019 22:43:57 -0500) it happened snipped-for-privacy@yah00.com wrote in :

Wrong tactics Have them steer, and show them that you, with all those years of training you have, can easily push that car with them in it, at at the maximum 60 mph. That will teach them :-)

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Worse. He's under the impression that he's a humorist.

But I expect his electronic designs *are* funny.

lunatic fringe electronics

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Teens Push Woman's Broken Down Car 5 Miles to Her Home

"Morrison followed behind with his high beams on to make sure they were safe."

Right. If they stopped pushing, he would run over them. Great motivator.

What happened to carrying a tow cable, strap, or rope in the car? Instead of watching the 3 teenagers schelp the car for 5 miles, Morrison could have towed the car to its destination with little difficulty. I'm assuming the terrain was rather flat as it's rather difficult to push a car up even a small hill. The teenagers are certainly not weaklings, but I have my doubts about the driver who followed them. At 1AM, he probably wasn't thinking very clearly. Also, what were the teenagers were doing at 1AM? Going to the store at 1AM seems rather odd and possibly contrived.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com

Raw force can sometimes used to replace use of brains.

--

-TV
Reply to

Teenagers are not noted for clear thinking. These kids were Canadians and I am happy for them.

Unfortunately two other Canadian teens seem to be murdering for some sick reason, this story is not ending well at all.

I don't have anything else to say. Just sad...

John

Reply to
John Robertson

It reminds me of an old song:

"You must know when to hold onto your cards,

Know when to burn them in fire,

Because if you lose you bring insufferable shame to Republic and are sent to work camp in forest."

Reply to
bitrex

her-home-54568

"...so they first pushed it into the nearest parking lot." And that's where they should have left it and called an Uber for the woman. Chances are the tow operator would be closer to the commercial area of the parking lot tha n 5 miles out in the boonies where the woman lived.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

If someone abandons a vehicle in a commercial or industrial district at night, it's likely that there will not be much left of the car or its contents in the morning. The lady didn't have any money and I doubt that the teenagers would have been able to pay for her Uber ride home.

I don't have much of a problem with the teenagers, except maybe why they were hanging around a liquor or convenience store at 1AM. My problem is with Morrison, the driver of the car that followed while the teenagers pushed the car. If he had a tow cable, strap, or rope, he could have towed her car home. If he had something better than todays plastic automobile bumpers, he could have pushed the car as needed. Instead, he just followed for 5 miles.

That also begs the question of how long it might take for 3 teenagers to push a car for 5 miles. Fast walking speed is about 3 mph. Pushing speed would be much less. My guess(tm), based upon my personal experience of simultaneously running out of gasoline and money is about 2 mph at best. So, 5 miles would take 10 hrs, which methinks is highly unlikely. With the limited attention span of the typical teenager, my guess(tm) would be that they would lose interest after maybe 1 hr. So, the 5 miles would require an average speed of 5 mph, which is faster than walking speed. That's possible if it were all downhill, or if Morrison pushed with his car, but not powered solely by 3 teenagers.

Please try to find a better example of the strength of todays young people. This example is full of holes.

--
Jeff Liebermann     jeffl@cruzio.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Jeff Liebermann

Looks like a rural area with a bunch of those 24 hour convenience stores and well lit parking lots. The car would be perfectly safe.

The other driver could pay for her uber if necessary. A 5 mile trip is a pittance.

Huh? 5 miles at 2MPH is 2.5 hours.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Canada incarcerates them for about 5 years for an offense like that. They should just turn themselves in.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

snipped-for-privacy@yah00.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Troll post.

Your mother is a criminal.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

** ROTFLMAO !!

FYI:

There is a not too bad movie made in Australia on exactly that theme.

It's called " Tomorrow, when the War Began "

The script writer sets out dispel the myth that modern youth would be incapable of doing anything like what so many young folk did successfully during WW2 - cos nowadays they are all pampered weaklings.

Film:

Book:

Movie itself:

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

2.5 hours

The first one to quit will get called a wimp, so, to save face they each keep on pushing.

This Depends mostly on the gradient between the start and finish spots. it must have been somewhere pretty flat.

Jasen Betts

Our murder rate is a fraction (1/3) of yours.

Life sentence here is 20 to 25 years, and "parole eligibility greater than 10 years is justified when there is some particularly aggravating feature; for a penalty of greater than 15 years, egregious circumstances of a higher order of moral culpability are present"

John

Reply to
John Robertson

They didn't exactly pick the best place to lay low.

Between RCMP and MPP, they're not going to escape by road, and trekking through the wilderness is nigh impossible. They'll have to steal a boat and use the Nelson River, but whichever way they go, they're in the middle of nowhere.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

Sadly you're right.

I feel your pain, bro. But it's the same appalling situation outside the US too.

Cursitor Doom

I'm reading Midnight in Chernobyl. The Russians are no models of efficiency.

Besides, wars are no longer fought by guys in muddy trenches with rifles. I suspect that even tanks and fighter planes are obsolete, or will soon be.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com