Computers Vs People

Computers perform many jobs that previously were performed by people. Will computer-based transactions and expanded e-commerce eventually replace person-to-person contact? From a customer's point of view, which is better? Why or why not?

Reply to
Neicy

When I'm looking for a part to solve some problem, an experienced counterman can help a lot. OTOH, I'd rather deal with a computer than a human who's running in bot-mode, like most fast-food counterdroids. You expect a computer to act like a machine, but it's damn irritating to encounter something that looks just like a human, but acts like a machine, and a rather stupidly-programmed machine at that. You know:

"Hamburger, no cheese, just ketchup, fries and a Diet Coke."

"Yawantcheezeonit?"

"No."

"Yawantfrieswiddat?"

"Yes."

"Whatkindadrink?"

AAAAARRRRGH!

Then the burger arrives with everything _but_ ketchup.

Reply to
Stephen J. Rush

Person-to-person interaction includes more than monetary transactions. You seem to be asking about monetary transactions only.

Yes, for the large part, machines will take over most transactions. But at some point after that, they will take over everything.

Reply to
Nehmo