TI To Buy National?!?

Jeez, now we know that you are a total retard. Not because you are or are not right or wrong here.

It is the fact that this is what you decided to post.

You are a total retard, and it appears that you got yourself that way by choice. The worst kind of total retard there is.

Reply to
StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt

They make a lot of nice parts. We stock over 100 different National parts.

What sort of electronics do you design?

John

We don't use a lot of their stuff but there are a few important ones. We use a ton of LM833s higher voltage circuits (mostly the AD8606 at 3.3V and 5V), LMV834s have been quite useful in high RF fields and ESD sensitive places, and we use an LM7171 in a Howland current pump and hybrid/bridge circuit. Other than that, there are a few regulators, but TI does those too.

Reply to
krw

hey

That name sounds familiar, for a while we were buying RF discharge lamps from them, and then they were bought out, or went out of buisness...Whatever we couldn't buy lamp modules any more. It was a royal PITA finding someone to make good Rb discharge bulbs.

and several of the SRS

That's too bad, publishing schematics it part of educating the next generation.... the circuit's only 'cutting edge' for a few/ten years or so....

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

They have a lot of great opamps, vregs, shunt references, and temperature sensors. And some really nice LVDS parts.

I really like their LM8261 c-load opamp. LMH6642 is cool, too.

John

Same feelings here and yet again reduces the gene pool of independent companies with their own creative ideas. One of the oldest real analog companies around. Born out of ex Fairchild engineers iirc and make some of the most generally usefull vanilla devices around, widely second sourced by loads of other companies. Have use Nat Semi parts since the 1970's.

Probably a good move for TI though. In the old days, they never seemed as serious a player in analog as Burr Brown and Nat Semi. Now they have them both. Let's hope they don't ruin them. I wonder if Analog will be next ?...

Regards,

Chris

Reply to
ChrisQ

Nothing that made any sense, wish I had kept the emails. They did offer to do the repair for $1300. A bit more than I was willing to pay for a programmed PAL. In the end, I found a dealer who was willing to email me the binary for $50 from a known-good unit.

I've never bought any test equipment new from them, so I can't answer that one.

Like Keithley, Tek and Agilent? OK. (Granted that there's less of that with newer equipment...)

If true, they didn't tell me that, otherwise I'd have understood. I would imagine that they have knowledge of newer parts that also work.

See above. And even if they didn't have knowledge of a replacement part, after my dealings with them I'd rather not tell them anything.

All too true and understood.

Reply to
JW