This looks like it would be interesting to do with a PIC

David Eather

looks possible:

but I don't think you can run it on an 8-legged part :)

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

On a sunny day (17 Jul 2012 12:55:28 GMT) it happened Jasen Betts wrote in :

There are of course PICs with USB interface. As to 8 pins,

2 suply 2 USB 2 xtal 2 I/O makes 8 Not sure if the 8 pinners can do that frequency.

If you use the 2 I/O for RS232 in/out then you have an USB to RS232 converter. But I see no Linux driver on that site...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

hamilton

Ouch!!

"I suggest adding at least a 0.1 uF capacitor between VCC and GND, but it seems to work fine even without it"

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

hamilton

The reason they use AVR is for the soft USB library. I don't think there's one for the PIC. You can use the hard USB, but more expensive than any AVR.

Reply to
linnix

hamilton

OK, i was wrong. I wish they have something newer than PIC16.

Reply to
linnix

There are lots of PIC18 and PIC24 with a real USB engine.

Here is a DIY PIC18 project:

hamilton

The website declined to show this webpage John Ferrell W8CCW

Reply to
John Ferrell

Yes, I noticed that this morning.

AS they say in the old country: Oh well.

Reply to
hamilton

David Eather

David Eather

Jan Panteltje a écrit :

This sure seems touchy to mux supply, xtal, usb and IOs one the same pin#2

What do they use the other seven pins for?

--
Thanks,
Fred.

You need to follow the links:

is a Linux project.

This v-usb project is also HID, so Linux knows about it out of the box, no driver required.

Reply to
hamilton

look like it, just like v-usb, uses libusb that is a cross platform usb driver I believe it is CC license so you can just build it yourself

-Lasse

Reply to
langwadt

On a sunny day (Mon, 23 Jul 2012 14:10:24 -0700 (PDT)) it happened " snipped-for-privacy@fonz.dk" wrote in :

I had a go with libusb some years agao to try to make a Linux driver for my Canon USB scanner. Got about half way when the scanner dropped of the table, now makes funny noises, and I then stopped that project. The scanner still sort of works in win 98. Next one I will make sure it has a Linux driver. Likely will, as MS is making a loss this year, and companies will see the writing on the wall, (The End Of Windows), and make sure they have Linux soft. I have read that Blamer(sorry Freudian) BALMER now gets some Demonrattic publicity planning guy to oversee his stublings. Fun fun fun. And then they need to split MS up in an OS part and application part... Billy already mentioned that that would be the end IIRC. The MS news too kdown DJ a lot yesterday.

The point is that POLITICS does not make technological advances, it only uses those for its own purposes. MS has been making the same crap over and over again in an ever worse way ever since win 3.1. Keeping it going by integrating some apps..

Was I of topic? Oh well, If I needed an USB PIC I would use one with hardware USB. LOL But I try to avoid USB ... I like Ethernet, galvanic insulation.... Sure you need a supply, but being limited to a few 100 mA in case of USB is not always possible. And dongles? This thing described is just a dongle right? Not very nice things.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On a sunny day (Mon, 23 Jul 2012 13:51:56 -0600) it happened hamilton wrote in :

OK, so it thinks it is just an USB keyboard.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje