Suggestion for 3D printer

Am planning to buy some 3d printer in some prize range from $200 - 280. If someone uses such "cheap" 3d printer, any review is welcome.

Printing range should be 15x15 cm..

GM

Reply to
gm

It is probably more sensible to find a local hack space with a more capable printer and buy time on it than fight with a toy printer.

Just like inkjets cheap initial hardware => extortionate inks.

They seem to be high maintenance to keep them working right.

Regards, Martin Brown

Reply to
Martin Brown

What material do you want to print? ABS, PLA, SLA, nylon, ceramic, titanium, gold, brass, paper?

Do you want to get the results of printing, learn how do design something that can be printed, learn how to setup and maintain a toy machine - and fettle with a machine continuously?

All those lead me to the inescapable conclusion that I didn't want to own a machine; instead I would send the .stl file to whichever foundry was most appropriate.

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Den mandag den 12. september 2016 kl. 10.59.15 UTC+2 skrev gm:

I'd expect a $200 "3d printer" to barely be able to make a sound resembling a 3d printer

-Lasse

Reply to
Lasse Langwadt Christensen