Squeeking memory chip ?!?!?

Hello,

I bought four of these memory chips:

Corsair TWINX2048-3200C2 DDR SDRAM, 1 GB, PC3200, 400 MHz (Double Side, Double Data Rate, Supported by motherboard).

When I go to this folder and scroll real fast I can hear the memory chips squeek !!!!????!!!!

C:\\Documents and Settings\\Administrator\\Local Settings\\Temporary Internet Files

I am a little bit worried about this squeeking.

What is it and is it harmfull ?

Could it be radiation ????

Nothing was mentioned about this.

Could this be the source of sound problems with the x-fi elite pro when it loads up battlefield 2 me wonders ?

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Best not take any chances and wrap up your balls in tin foil until you know for sure.

Reply to
Lotta Cooties

It's noise. Various components - capacitors in the computer may make noise. It's harmfull if it annoys you, and causes you to go out and kill people, but otherwise safe. It could also be interference through the soundcard.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

Don't know but when I scroll on my desktop I can hear faint changes in the power supply noise, probably due to variations in current on the 5V line.

I am afraid the usual spritz from the silicone lube can won't do it in this case :-)

The centurion style looks nice:

Regards, Joerg

Joerg

By the way.. talking of interference... my soundblaster volume sometimes goes up by itself... the infrared thing that came with it is probably picking up signals from who knows what... neighbours or gsm's/mobile phones etc... I could even hear the gsm noise on my speakers sometimes... also sometimes the old speakers went nuts and made boom boom boom sounds... probably just static eletricity going into it... or maybe not... who knows... maybe it was a galatic boom/background radiation lol... that would be cool =D

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

I used to work at one of the big computer manufacturers. I never heard memory sticks make squeeking noise, but there was one occasion where we had a motherboard and one video card make squeeking noises. In both cases it was an inductor in the power supply circuitry that was singing when the power supply was under heavy load (power supply circuitry on the PCBs, not the computers ATX power supply). We had the manufacturer switch to different suppliers on the inductors and the problem went away.

Reply to
Carl Smith

I just made a new website/homepage for my hobby projects :D

It includes 3 pictures of my Dream PC (2006) and it also contains a link to the sound file with the squeeking.

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Squeaking noises usually come from rodents under duress. Closest thing to a rodent in a computer system is a mouse. Or, perhaps ferrite in a switching power supply which your computer has many.

Reply to
qrk

It's probably waaaayyyy too late for that :)

Bye, Skybuck.

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

You need a better chair

Your HDTV sucks

Get a couple of pics on the wall

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Nope

It's and LCD ;) Don't know if that makes a difference.

It's kinda nice but it has drawbacks as well ;)

Neh.

Any other ideas lol ?

Bye, Skybuck ;)

Reply to
Skybuck Flying

Couldn't he just go out and kill *himself* ? Please ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Often the squeaking is coming from the serpentine belt tensioner, sometimes from power steering. You did buy power steering as an option, correct?

Tim.

Reply to
shoppa

Sometimes its just the loose nut behind the wheel making all the noise.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Mine does that sometimes after the belt was replaced. Must get it adjusted.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

I had an EPROM scream once, and glow, when I put it in backwards. Does that count?

Dirk

Reply to
Dirk Bruere