superheroes

I see a huge number of these sorts of "superhero" ads in electronics mags...

What's going on here? Do these people think they're spending their advertising money sensibly? Do they just assume that all ee's are adolescent morons with a lot of purchasing power?

John

Hey, it wasn't all that long ago that all the mainframe/minicomputer and test equipment ads/brochures had pretty girls with lots of leg showing. Of course they were draped semi-appropriately over the test equipment/computer equipment so you couldn't see one without seeing the other.

Tim.

Reply to
Tim Shoppa

I'd like to see a PIC architecture superhero

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

1513

Good point. Problem I think is that these ad' people are also adolescent morons. The blind now lead the blind. Don't even see the pics as I've already switched off on mention of (from the ad) "functionality, targeting, enhancing, investement, next generation, delivers" ... john

Reply to
John Jardine.

The Good Old Days!

Luhan

Reply to
Luhan

Kludgeman and his faithful sidekick Tinker.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

Yeah, at least they weren't insulting our intelligence, or our social skills. Bring back the babes!

John

There was test equipment in those ads? :)

Reply to
Carl Smith

You might have to reload the page once or maybe more - the ads cycle.

And, pretty much, yeah. Ever seen "Dilbert?" ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Dilbert is currently unemployed, can't seem to find how he got that way by going through the cartoons...

Maybe he's in competition with Bill Sloman for a job

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

LOL :)

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

Got it now !

Yeah, it's stupid. Can't say I'd expect much different.

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Richard H.

If Dilbert were in the Netherlands - which he obviously isn't - he'd out-compete me without any trouble at all, since the character would seem to be in his thirties, which makes him infinitely more attractive to any Dutch employer than someone over sixty.

--
Bill Sloman, Nijmegen
Reply to

I'm not far off three score years either, and just did a job search on Monster, only 1 job seemed to match my lack of qualifications ( apart from a job at Soundcraft), but would have meant relocation back to the yUK. But the headhunter phoned within an hour of receiving my CV.

Fortunately a redesign, of something I did 10 years ago, has just popped over the horizon, which will be far more enjoyable that relocating back to england.

Its a tremendous shame that ageism is damaging industry.

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

Curiosity gets the better of me. What was the position at Soundcraft ?

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Cant remember, but the address was Soundcraft's. I went through so many pages.........

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

martin

Reply to
martin griffith

I take it you didn't mean the SMT operator ! ;-)

Graham

Reply to
Pooh Bear

Ha! The hero Kludgeman is 8 feet tall, and his sidekick is 12.

John