Require help for project on analog designing

If i want to create 3D mouse working with movement of hand using capacitance developed due to movement of hand, is this idea coming under my project domain i.e. analog designing ? Please suggest me if you have new idea about my project.....

Reply to
flywithme4675

bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I have great idea about your project. Please send cash immediately.

Reply to
Andy Bartlett

Built one once. Wouldn't do it again. First of all how do you 'click'? Once you find some way to do that (there's no GOOD way) then you'll find out just how tired your arm gets when you've been waving it in the air for a while.

Reply to
morris.slutsky

There used to be two companies, may still exist, that made 3D mouses based upon magnetic fields. One made a glove for 3D computer inputs for 'virtual reality'.

Sorry can't remember their names, one was east USA, began with the letter 'P', which generated 10kHz like frequencies from fixed positions and the strength of the signal to the receiver determined distances, the other was in California and the Ch Bd had a french name, gone brain dead with all this time. But, this was all circa 70's

'Problem' with using magnetic field for sensing position was the delay. The delay made the user feel like swimming in water, or like the delay of the stream of water from a garden hose - you moved, later the object moved. That was the biggest complaint from users. The other one was the distortion to the field caused by surrounding metallic objects.

For what it's worth, the technology capabilities have really shifted and I recently made a displacement measuring system using magnetic field principles, cost? processing was free [piggy backed on the uProc already there] plus $1 per sensor pair for components [in 100 quantities], plus

5mA per pair of sensors. So for almost NO cost and NO power what did you get? You could measure from 6 inches to 27 inches. At 8 inch displacement the measured noise was 1 mil rms. Yes, one thousandth of an inch rms noise AT 8 inch displacement for $1. I told you technology has come up around our ears.

There is a company in England that makes a capacitive sensor that has better than 100ppm accuracy. But that requires some control to the design. From memory required triax cabling to make it work.

Queensgate Instruments Ltd provide NanoPositioning and sensing solutions for OEM development and automation applications.

If you have a way to make a 3D mouse WITH tactile feedback that does NOT require anything but the cellphone; Samsung wants to talk to you.

Hope all this helps.

Reply to
RobertMacy

So you are trying to reinvent the Theremin instrument :-)

Two or three independent oscillators might be usable to detect the position of the finger in 2/3D space.

Reply to
upsidedown

Sure, except that you'll have a hell of a time preventing them from coupling and synching up. Really you need to switch them on one at a time.

Reply to
morris.slutsky

Just install G-Force Platinum, and select the audio input source you want to look at.

This the modern day 1960s color organ, mind you.

Taken to the Nth degree.

Well worth it too, as it allows you to pass your images behind the image array layer and other things. The ultimate photo album.

Reply to
DecadentLinuxUserNumeroUno

so it's like a three-axis theremin? possibly easier to do in the petahertz range :^)

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts