Redstate

I particularly enjoyed the last paragraph...

"The reason Schumer is taking this stand is that he needs Trump to sign off on whatever travesty he tries to push through Congress. Tom Cotton is a guy who stands in his way. Moreover, he can't bully Tom Cotton and Cotton has already taken the measure of Schumer and found him to be a lying, devious sack of pustulence."

:-} ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | "Those [of us] who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night" -Edgar Allan Poe

Tom Cotton is a good judge of character. Trump isn't blind, either.

Reply to
krw

It's incredible that before the age of Rudy, when NY was farther to the left than it is now, we had 2 great senators and they were replaced by Chuck and Hillary.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Indeed! How did that happen? ...Jim Thompson

     It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Patrick Moynahan is the only democrat I would have ever voted for

Reply to
djlocher56

He wouldn't win an election for dog catcher anywhere in the state, today.

Reply to
krw

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

Because half the people don't vote. We need to get that figure up to

97-98% and then all our problems will disappear.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

And added.

Reply to
krw

Clive Who?

Another f***ing pee-brained (y)uk(y) ;-) ...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts.

Moynihan I have a lot of time for, but Al d'Amato?. Or did you have someone else in mind?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
pcdhobbs

Moynihan was one of the few great senators of the 20th century, since we started electing them by popular vote.

d'Amato wasn't a great intellectual or one of the greatest of the century but he was one of the best senators during his tenure. He was a good conservative, and it's unusual to have a senator who takes care of people like a congressman. My own brother had an insurance problem and he wrote everybody - only d'Amato helped him. That's why he was called senator pothole. He was answering a personal request that time too.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Killfile /still/ not working, Jimbo?

Clive
Reply to
Clive Arthur

One of Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson's more amusing delusions is t hat anybody who happens to disagree with him has to be stupid. In reality t hey only need a better grasp of reality than he has, which hasn't much to d o with being stupid or clever - Jim used to be quite clever, and it hasn't stopped him from being terminally ill-informed about a wide range of subjec ts.

Krw has a slightly more advanced case of the same disorder, but he does hap pen to be pretty stupid with it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Maybe he meant Javits?

George H.

Reply to
George Herold

Noooooooooooo.

Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

Grin.. OK, My Moynihan story. I was at a political rally*, that Patrick was speaking at. He get's done with his speech and I'm bouncing up and down (as my usual exuberant self). Shouting something to the effect of, "I love you senator Moynihan." The women in front to me turns around and says. "You know, I love him too, ... he's my husband." We had a nice on and off talk during the rest of the rally.

George H.

*Clinton-Gore early 1990's. My girlfriend at the time loved Clinton. (The things we do for love :^)
Reply to
George Herold