Re: PC USB oscilloscopes, Hantek 6022BE vs 6022BL

> As far as I know, using an oscilloscope for drones, I have absolutely no

>> use for the BL's logic analyzer. But it looks like the inclusion of a >> logic analyzer is a huge value. Another concern with the BE is that >> apparently it is discontinued. >> >> Looks ike most of the problems people have with those two oscilloscopes >> are caused by their inability to use a PC. >> >> Just to check my understanding of a "logic analyzer"... That's like when >> you want to know what happens when pressing a touch swhich that goes to >> some logic circuit? In other words... When a logic output goes high, >> this is what happens to subsequent logic? >> >> I'm confident that's correct, just double checking. >> >> Thanks. >> > > A logic analyzer can show you a record of data both before and after a > Trigger Event. You decide what data to monitor and what the Trigger > Event(s) is(are), then how much prior data and subsequent data you wish > to be able to review. This information determines the number of data > lines, speed, and storage capacity required of your LA device. > > For most of us the data of interest is address and data buses along with > various interrupts, etc. based on real world interactions.

My ChronoVu LA16 enabled me to take a peek at the I2C conversation that ensues between a motherboard and memory during the power-on self-test. Another thread mentions the pocket sized DSO150 oscilloscope. Part of my job entails field service, so a DSO150 was ordered for my truck's tool kit, mostly because the price is right. It'll be interesting to see how handy the DSO150 proves to be on service calls.

Thank you, 73,

--
Don Kuenz KB7RPU
There was a young lady named Bright Whose speed was far faster than light;