Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you... - Page 2

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...
On Fri, 06 Apr 2018 17:04:37 +0200, David Brown

It varies from state to state. In "Castle Doctrine" states, you are
the master of your castle.  Anyone there without your permission is
assumed to be intent on harming you.  Yes, you can off them without
prejudice.  Other states require the homeowner to retreat, if at all
possible.  Guess which ones tend to be red and which ones blue.

How do you know he's not armed.  Do you wait for the perp to shoot
first?  Do you wait for him to slit your wife's throat before you
decide he really does intend harm?  Do you think he's inside your home
because he forgot where his is?

That's generally true here, too.  Sometimes they'll be put on a "desk
assignment" shuffling paperwork until they're cleared.  If the
politicians get involved (becoming more frequent), it can take some
time.

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...

"proportional" is idiocy... it requires you to _wait_ until you've
been harmed _before_ you are allowed to react.

Here in AZ we follow the Houston Police Dept. Methodology... bang...
bang... bang... <repeat until clip/magazine is empty :-> ... STOP...
police >:-}

                                        ...Jim Thompson
Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...

Which is the way it *should* be.

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...

Unless it's you they've got the wrong idea about.

The pope may be infallible on matters of faith, but everybody else makes mistakes from time to time.

Still, one could make an exception for Cursitor Doom - it would be ironic if the police sent to arrest him for intellectual fraud were gun-happy.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...
On Fri, 06 Apr 2018 11:48:14 -0700, Jim Thompson

Sure but what would you expect from leftists?

IIRC, AZ is a Castle Doctrine state.

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...
m duty (with full pay) until there is an enquiry from the police internal a
ffairs. "

Similar here, but here they are rarely charged or convicted even if it is o
bvious they were in the wrong. That is why Black Lives Matter is here.

In one case years ago they see a Black guy looking through hisa own car for
 something. they tell him to freeze and then to show them his hands. Then t
hey shot him because he moved. Something very similar also happened recentl
y. It is usually Blacks but bullets work on everyone, so something must be
done. If  we don't stand together we will surely fall apart. And I don't be
nd over backwards to "prove" that I am not racist, but right is right and w
rong is wrong.

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...

No, BLM is here because they've been paid by Soros.  "Hands up - don't
shoot" was a bald-faced lie.

Bullshit.  There had to me more to that story.

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...
Sorry, that was a post was a mistake, it belongs somewhere else or somethin
g.

But Castle Law Doctrine should trump (o pun intended) state and local laws
that are repugnant to it. However, in this country it will stand until some
one has either the money or the moxy to fight it, or both. Most people do n
ot know that you don't need any money. You can get them to waive all charge
s if you are broke. Proof ? People in prison do it all the time. They study
 law independently, write and file their own appeal and sometimes win.

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...

The "Castle Doctrine" laws *are* state laws.  They would be out of the
purview of the federal government.  That "Constitution" thing goes
both ways.

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...

Only one "rule"... perp must fall _inside_ your house.  If he
doesn't... drag him quickly inside >:-}

                                        ...Jim Thompson
Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...
On Sat, 07 Apr 2018 17:41:41 -0700, Jim Thompson

I think you'll find that's an old wives tale.

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...

Good advice. That's what white farmers used to have to do in South
Africa, too, before the country went to hell in a handcart.

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...

That's merry ole England forya. Land of the fee and home of the slave.

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...

I don't believe it was "required by law" at all. Only if the accused is
refusing to co-operate which wasn't the case here.

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...
On Thu, 05 Apr 2018 13:20:52 +0200, David Brown

[snip leftist pre-occupation with bull-shit]

Mr. Brown, How do you explain this...

<https://bearingarms.com/tom-k/2018/04/02/takeaway-londons-murder-rate-surpassing-new-yorks/

                                        ...Jim Thompson
Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...

Cherry picking, and rather imperfect grasp of statistical expectation

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/apr/06/solutions-london-murder-surge-new-york-crackdown

London had 22 deaths in March, to New York's 21. New York had 290 murders 2017, to London's 116.

If the nominal rate is 116/12 - roughly 10 per month - as it is London - 22 is most likely a freak outlier. People do seem to get out a bit more in March than in January and February, but probably not enough to explain most of the difference.

In New York 290/12 is 24, so their March was marginally quieter than you'd have expected.

All the March 2018 London murders seem to have been single victim events, but more victims in one incident would make the statistics even more erratic.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...

I'm the other Mr Brown but I'll have a stab at answering...

The Tory government massively cut spending on the UK police force and
introduced politically appointed police czars who did random populist
"things" and they are now reaping the benefits of that cost "saving".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-30231894

It was a part of what screwed their snap election "victory" last year.

http://www.itv.com/news/2017-06-20/government-u-turn-on-police-funding-reform-to-protect-met-police-budget/

It is truly amazing that London has surpassed New York as a murder venue.

The pensioner who killed the career criminal has now been released
without charge after (somewhat heavy handed) police investigations.

Turns out the bad guy was on a most wanted list!

Martin Brown

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...
surpassing-new-yorks/>

form-to-protect-met-police-budget/

Even if only for a month. March 2018 had 22 murders in London. Last year's
rate for London averaged 10 a month, while New York's rate - averaged over
2017 - was 24, so their having only 21 murders in March 2018 was an unexpec
ted gift to the Daily Mail.

Some kids seem to have taken to carrying knives in London, which does seems
 to be pushing up the rate a bit. New York has better gun control that most
 American cities, so they have fewer murders per head than other American c
ities , but usually quite a few more than London.

My betting is it's going to be statistical fluctuation rather than the star
t of some kind if trend, but Cursitor Doom is much too keen on his right-wi
ng sky-is-falling-kick to exercise that kind of patience, and the papers he
 reads share the same weakness.

<snip>

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...

They had no choice but to make cuts to essential services, given that
your wonderful Labourite Gordon Brown practically bankrupted the country
during his tenure in power. I'll bet you've conveniently forgotten the
note they left behind in the Treasury for the incoming Tory Chancellor,
saying they were terribly sorry but there was no money left. What a bunch
of feckless, incompetent and irresponsible clowns. :-(

Re: OT: Then once they've disarmed you...

You've been reading the Daily Mail again, haven't you.

It wasn't the Labour Party that bankrupted the UK in 2008, but the Global Financial Crisis, brought to you by right-wing American incompetence, and compounded by David Camneron's preference for austerity over getting the economy  working again.

David Cameron was the feckless clown who set up the Brexit referendum and managed to lose it, compounding the damage that Margaret Thatcher had managed to do the UK economy while she had her claws on it.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney

Site Timeline