Re: Fans could generate electricity and damage motherboard ?

Hello,

> >I just saw a dutch technician mention the following possibility of damaging >a motherboard when cleaning the PC of dust and I wonder if there is any >thruth in it, in short the technician writes the following: > >"Be carefull not to make the fans spin real fast because then they could >start generating electricity and damage the motherboard ?!" > >How much thruth is in that sentence ?!

Very true.

Should motherboards be equiped with >fan-back-surge protectors ?

Not yours.

Reply to
JW

Very light magnetised plastic, like fridge magnets, inside the rotating part that surrounds the wound stator. There's a metal can shorts outside field, possibly increase magnet field inside.

Variable reluctance hard to control, not your average computer fan ;)

As far as wind from a can or vacuum damaging a circuit, some say it's due to static electricity. I generally use a brush and vacuum to catch what's brushed free, never lost a circuit board that way. Mainly to do with not bumping components with the vacuum cleaner end.

Whizzing a fan with air or vacuum is likely to wreck the bearings?

Grant.

Reply to
Grant

John Larkin Inscribed thus:

Short answer is Yes !

--
Best Regards:
                     Baron.

Then how do you explain your utter imbecility, Nymbecile?

Reply to
Pomegranate Bastard