OT Warming

e:

how...

It was spelled out in some detail in chapter 12 of David Archer's "the Long Thaw", ISBN 978-0-691-14811-3. the argument goes that the earth's orbit around the sun is almost circular at the moment, which reduces the variability in solar forcing. This last happened some 400,000 years ago when the inter-glacial lasted for 50,000 years. Climate models suggest that trigger moment for the next ice age would have been reached some three thousand years from now, and that there wouldn't have been quite enough cooling to build up enough snow cover in the northern hemisphere to let the process run away to cause another ice age. The current anthropogenic global warming will hang around long enough to make sure that the trigger level of snow cover won't be reached.

Wikipedia current artilce on Milankovitch Cycles

says much the same kind of thing, and cites an article in Science by A. Berger and M. F. Loutre dating from 2002.

400,000 years.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman

Rich - where does all the extra water vapour that becomes the snow come from? How did it get there? There in lies the answer.

Reply to
Dennis

Is this a serious question, that you _really_ don't know the answer to, and need an explanation of the water cycle?

Please clue up and quit being a warmingist dupe.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Aliens?

Reply to
Jamie

fic

mer

at

"Nobody is interested in solutions if they don't think there's a problem. Given that starting point, I believe it is appropriate to have an over-representation of factual presentations on how dangerous it is, as a predicate for opening up the audience to listen to what the solutions are, and how hopeful it is that we are going to solve this crisis." --Al Gore

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

in

ey

tific

ith

mer

that

As usual James Arthur gets in his spot of ideological propaganda.

In fact, what Al Gore was talking about was this paper

published here

Note the submission and publication dates. The paper was submitted before the cold winter of 2009-2010 got under way.

Rich is too dim and ill-informed to be aware that the much publicised cold weather is linked to equally unusual warm weather in some spots north of the Arctic circle, (which happen to be of lesser interest to journalists).

Anthropogenic global warming is still in full swing but that doesn't mean that every place on earth is going to be warmer than it was, all the time.

The Younger Dryas represent a rather more dramatic hiccup in the warming-up process at the end of the last ice age.

which seems to have been a reaction to the collapse of the Laurentian ice sheet. If we manage to collapse the Greenland ice sheet, we might do as well.

-- Bill Sloman, Nijmegen

Reply to
Bill Sloman