OT: Conservative Environmentalism

Jesus is gonna teleport us to Heaven real soon now.

Reply to
bitrex

Bring some of that shit over here. I got papers, in fact I think I got some Jokers.

jurb6006

Jill stein is more comfortable with trump than hillary. She pretty much said hillary was gonna go nuclear

Reply to
bulegoge

Jill Stein doesn't seem to be able to see much difference between the mainstream parties. This makes her somewhat disconnected from reality.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

I do not discount the possibility that you may have been right, but it's rather academic at this point.

Jill Stein, however, is a confirmed anti-science anti-vaxxer woo woo nut.

She seems to be pretty much a personification of all of liberalism's ugliest miserable "alt-left" qualities.

Rather like The Donald is for his party. Not big surprise she's comfortable with him.

Reply to
bitrex

"Russia thinks it's a military competitor, it really isn't," Giuliani said. "It's our unwillingness under (President Barack) Obama to even threaten the use of our military that makes Russia so powerful."

Haha, look at tough guy Rah Rah Rudy here, give him five minutes of power and he's already planning the end of the world.

Reply to
bitrex

Trump will let the power vacuum in syria be filled by russia. So what. The other sixe has shown itself and it is uglier than assad.

Reply to
bulegoge

At least we're in agreement in hoping it plays that way.

My idealistic heart likes to believe we went into this one with good intentions, as we always do, but we're definitely at the "stop digging yourself deeper" point here.

Russia's won this one. Smart man knows when to cut his losses and walk away.

Reply to
bitrex

For some definitions of "won".

Reply to
bitrex

The other side has shown itself and it is uglier than assad.

Bule is as ignorant as ever. There are three easy-to-identify broad anti-As sad groups in Syria - the moderate opposition, the Kurds and the various br anches of Islamic State. They can be further sub-divided, but I've never bo thered.

Islamic State is at least as ugly as Assad's Baathists and his Russian alli es, but Assad and the Russians are bombing hospitals and trying to starve o ut civilian populations, which makes them decidedly unattractive.

The Kurds and the moderate opposition are more or less civilised - they are fighting a war, but nobody has pinned any particularly nasty massacres on them yet.

The Turks don't like the Kurds, and the democratic domestic Syrian oppositi on hasn't got the resources to win, though they've kept up the fight for qu ite a while.

Without the Russians, Assad would probably have given up by now. There is a good case for an externally imposed regime change, but the Russians wouldn 't like anything that would suit the rest of the world - they've spent too much on supporting Assad to be happy about walking away from what they have bought.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Rudy is an ingrate. Buildings were leveled in New York when it was his city, and Obama took out the perpetrator.

Ingrate, n.; One who receives a benefit from another...

Reply to
whit3rd

Yes, but it was a Clinton that let him go.

Reply to
tom

bitrex, n. proper; synonym for bird-brain

whit3rd, ,. proper; another synonym for bird-brain ...Jim Thompson

Bitchrex... rex bitch.... king bitch... queen bitch. "bitreg" or "buttrag" would be more appropriate lol!!

Reply to
Julian Barnes

Jim-out-of-touch-with-reality-Thompson taking the trouble to remind us of how he won his title.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Julian Barnes is our resident bought-and-paid for propagandist.

He doesn't like being outed as a contractor who has to post his quota of pr o-Trump propaganda every day, but his reliance on links to YouTube snippets when he could - in theory - have linked directly to the original source do es make his situation all too obvious.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to