monotony motors

I have ranted about this before:

Do you think we'll start seeing cars with colors again some day?

I can find *my* car in a parking lot.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

Whoopeedoo >:-} ...Jim Thompson

My truck is Brown, easy to spot ;)

Reading the article, I remember my old 81 honda had 38-40mpg. Just lately have I been seeing those number again.

Martin Riddle

You might try actually remembering where you parked your car, then if all else fails there is the key fob ( which makes the car horn sound), and that only requires you to remember which parking lot it's in.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

That's why I like my 2001 Frontier ;-) ...Jim Thompson

The range is abysmal on many of those fob things (mabe only a few car lengths). I tend to ignore the appearance of rental cars (which are generally insipid to begin with), and I've spent more time than I like to admit looking for them. One I lost temporarily at a Frys parking lot because the color looked completely different under the discharge lamps compared to daylight/dusk.

Best regards, Spehro Pefhany

Spehro Pefhany

On a sunny day (Thu, 17 Apr 2014 17:34:50 -0700) it happened Jim Thompson wrote in :

I could add a GPS car finder soft to my SDcard logging radiation counter, Press button when leaving car (stores coordinates). press again shows arrow (may need magnetic compas too, but does not have to be). Would it sell? Could be integrated into a smart watch. Hello Samsung? They need apps for that new watch. Android app? Maybe somebody already did that.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

I thought that red cars were statistically more likely to be in an accident!

--
Mike Perkins
Video Solutions Ltd

I used to drive an unmarked white 27' stepvan. very easy to spot. :)

have a DD214, and a honorable discharge.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Problem is with multi-storey car parks - which floor is it on?. That's where I normally go wrong!

Reply to
Andy Bartlett

On a sunny day (Fri, 18 Apr 2014 12:25:04 +0100) it happened "Andy Bartlett" wrote in :

After posting that I did a search i nandroid app store, and downloaded free carfinder...

GPS gives alttude too, but not very precise. Air pressure can change fast in a short amount of time, but could be used. For the sirf-4 GPS chipset horizontal resilution is +- 2 meters, anybody know the vertical resolution?

Of course you could leave a trail of mm let's see, bread crums, no wine bottles.. no, mm pollonium? ;-) to find it back...

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

On lots where location is not obvious, like straight down the aisle from the building door, I write down the aisle and space number. ...Jim Thompson

Nah. Statistically more likely to be pulled over by a cop. Though my bright red Frontier has never garnered a stop. ...Jim Thompson

I remember once looking for one of my vehicles that I didn't drive that day! Mikek

amdx

I know a guy who parked on the street one night and came back in the morning to find his car gone. He reported it stolen.

A week later, walking near his apartment, well, there it was. He'd misplaced it. Turns out it's much harder to report a car as un-stolen than to report it stolen.

Precision electronic instrumentation

My brother was telling be about a news story about a woman who lost her car in a large mall parking lot in Minneapolis (before MoA). The only description she could give was a white Ford with her daughter's rag doll in the back seat. After a few hours the mall cops found one car that fit the description. It had a red canoe on the roof rack. "Oh yeah!"

He told us the story because we used to drive around in a green Gremlin with a red canoe on top (they wouldn't let us store it where we lived).

Reply to
krw

If it's a BIG parking lot, they usually have aisle numbers on signs or lamp posts or something, just jot that down on a notepad when you park. Then there's the opposite experience where you try to open an identical model car to the one you drove, but it's not your car. That's always fun.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

That could start a fashion trend.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com

from the building door, I write down the aisle and space numbe"

Sounds like something my Grandfather would do.

If alive that is.

Reply to
jurb6006

ced it. Turns out it's much harder to report a car as un-stolen than to report it stolen. "

I did that. I tried to report it unstolen, but sure enough the next day - f elony stop ! Guns drawn and all that. Of course given my background the gun s didn't bother me, I've been in rooms full of drunks playing poker, but t he cops, you just can't trust them. Trigger happy. Luckily this was a few d ecdes ago and they weren't so skiddish.

Today I probably would be dead because - get this - this was a piece of jun k truck and the driver's door didn't open. I am sliding over and the cop is wondering "WT ?".

Yup, if it happened today I would probably be dead. I got rid of that truck . Fast. I can tell when things are bad luck, and how the hell I could have lost it - brown and green. People called it the pukemobile. If I'd've kept it I definitely would have had to paint it.

Reply to
jurb6006