monotony motors

It was lots more fun when people didn't lock their car doors. If it only had an AM radio, we figured, why bother ?

Reply to
jurb6006

Of course back then quite a few people had a gun in the glove box.

Reply to
jurb6006

My FIL broke his key off is someone else's car. I know someone who got stopped for car theft because, well, he drove off in someone else's car. There was a time where the key pool was quite small (particularly GMs).

Reply to
krw

I drive a CRX. It's half as long as a Detroit yacht, and 60% of the height. It's REALLY easy to lose at Home Despot.

-- A host is a host from coast to snipped-for-privacy@nrk.com & no one will talk to a host that's close........[v].(301) 56-LINUX Unless the host (that isn't close).........................pob 1433 is busy, hung or dead....................................20915-1433

Reply to
David Lesher

A friend had that happen, except the key fit and he drove off in the wrong Ford Granola, with 2 generals he was trying to win over to his contract. Hilarity ensued.

David Lesher

Of course, you can just store the GPS coordinates in your phone....

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I make it a point to memorize the license plates of the adjacent cars, in case there's a new dent I have something to go on.

Reply to
bloggs.fredbloggs.fred

I used to have some pals who home-brewed beers. They took the requisite pilgrimage to beer-Mecca, Deutschland.

Having sampled the Braumeister's many wares at one, they wobbled out into the snow-filled parking lot, blundered their way to their Mercedes, to find the lock had frozen solid.

Uniting their collective genius, they lined up and successively hosed the Mercedes' lock with the warmest liquid they each had the most of handy.

It still didn't work. Then they noticed their car, identical, parked several rows away.

Cheers, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Here's a possible solution to this all :

jurb6006

Here's another idea :

jurb6006

And I can find mine. A rusty 35 year-old Landcruiser tht sticks out (and up) like a sore thumb.

Lots of space arond it too. All the Porsche and Bently drivers keep clear of it. Rust might be contagious.

--
Paul Hovnanian
Have gnu, will travel.

I don't know about radio, but my van's antenna was stolen twice. Perhaps they need it to unlock another car.

Reply to
edward.ming.lee

My old Fiesta was fun to drive. It was obvious to everyone that I had nothing to lose.

Precision electronic instrumentation

lose. "

Yeah, I walked inbto an auto parts store and said I want a gas cap for one of those. The guy behind the counter said "Good trade".

jurb6006

;)

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant
ElectroOptical Innovations LLC

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I sold it to a couple of Russians for $250. That's a whole nother story.

jlarkin att highlandtechnology dott com
http://www.highlandtechnology.com