medical device for detecting tissue temperature and pressure2

Hi,

I previously posted an idea for making an fairly non-invasive device to measure pressure inside the body by measuring ultrasound cavitation, there is a new article out from January 20th ago that mentions using ultrasound cavitation:

relevant quotes from the article:

"At low frequencies, ultrasound produces tiny bubbles in a solution"

"The ultrasound exposure did not produce any adverse side effects"

Since this new article shows ultrasound microcavitation can exist in the body, the new question to ask is can the microcavitation effect be used to measure pressure in the body? The application of this could be to have a fairly non-invasive test for pressure in different parts of the body, that currently require invasive tests. Having real time continuous non-invasive pressure monitoring would probably be a good medical advance.

Here is the original message I posted on this from last year as well as a useful reply, and another comedic reply:

useful reply:

On 1/10/16 7:33 PM, Jamie M wrote: > Hi, > > Are there any non invasive medical devices to detect the temperature > and pressure in the body? I think there aren't any since there are > medical procedures that would benefit from this, ie intercranial > pressure for diagnosing strokes etc, or temperature variation > related to infection/inflammation. Ideally the resolution of > these measurements would be as high as possible, in both XYZ > coordinate space and also in accuracy of the measurements. > > Some ideas I was having for creating a device for this were a > combination of focused ultrasound and/or MRI technology. > > I was thinking ultrasound due to it's ability to create micro cavitation > bubbles, and these bubbles might have properties that vary > proportionally to temperature/pressure in the surrounding tissue etc. > > Also high resolution MRI technology could be used used to also analyze > areas of these bubble formation possibly to look for variations > related to temperature and pressure. > > A handheld device that could measure differences in pressure and > temperature in a 3D view inside the body would be pretty > interesting/useful. > > cheers, > Jamie > Every inter-cranial pressure method I've seen is invasive. I think if you come up with a non-invasive method, people would be interested.

ChesterW

--

Best Regards,

ChesterW
+++
Dr Chester Wildey
Founder MRRA Inc.
Electronic and Optoelectronic Instruments
MRI Motion, fNIRS Brain Scanners, Counterfeit and Covert Marker Detection
Fort Worth, Texas, USA
www.mrrainc.com
wildey at mrrainc dot com

comedic/useless/incorrect reply:

 > Some ideas I was having for creating a device for this were a
 > combination of focused ultrasound and/or MRI technology.

Save yourself the trouble. Your ideas are only original because nobody
else is silly enough to ignore the obvious difficulties.

 > I was thinking ultrasound due to it's ability to create micro cavitation
 > bubbles, and these bubbles might have properties that vary
 > proportionally to temperature/pressure in the surrounding tissue etc.

As has been pointed out, creating microcaviation via ultrasound is
inherently destructive.

Jamie M

na.html

None that the researchers noticed. They may not have been looking all that hard.

Breaking down cell walls - even briefly - doesn't strike me as very clever idea.

There's nothing comic about creating holes in cell walls.

The proposition that this is "non-invasive" is a bit amusing.

You don't have cut holes in the skin to create cavitation inside the body, but the cavitation you do create produces holes in the cell walls - which i s why it works - and the proposition that only the medication you want to g et into the cells is exploiting these holes is richly comic.

Jamie is remarkably dumb, and doesn't seem to nave noticed the implications .

on

on

This isn't what Jamie wanted to hear, but it wasn't in any way incorrect.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to

Fall out of bed on the wrong side this morning Bill?

Reply to
nub12

,

y-rna.html

hat hard.

ver idea.

dy, but the cavitation you do create produces holes in the cell walls - whi ch is why it works - and the proposition that only the medication you want to get into the cells is exploiting these holes is richly comic.

ions.

That got posted last night, my time, long before I went to bed.

It isn't kind to Jamie, but I've got a long history of being rude about Jam ie's dangerous intellectual incompetence, and I did want to emphasise that Jamie was being particularly stupid here - even for him the idea that breac hing cell walls in the gut lining is "non-invasive" has to be a massive mis apprehension.

--
Bill Sloman, Sydney
Reply to