lead free solder again

It is summer time...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Coating will *not* solve the problem; it is *not* reliable. Hell, clean the surface like crazy, anneal it like crazy and put it in the vacuum of outer space, and you *still* can get tin whiskers!

Reply to
Robert Baer

"softness" has nothing to do with strength.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Sorry, the jury is out concerning "annealing"...

Reply to
Robert Baer

i repeat, "softness" has *nothing* to do with strength.

Reply to
Robert Baer

"qrk" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Disastrous for large companies as well. We're all in the same boat.

The cost is peanuts, if you already have an expensive sealed package. And anything decent doesn't need repairs.

I'd say no. That whole whiskers argument is just a convenient blame target.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)

So, in which sense do you think metal whiskers are "stronger" than pure metal sheet or rod?

robert

Reply to
Robert Latest

Hello James,

Sorry to hear that. Professionals like doctors or engineers often have a tendency to worry more about the well-being of others than their own, and eat out of necessity rather than pay attention to their diet. If I wasn't married it would probably be the same, at least at times where it's hectic in the office. But now we eat fresh every day, absolutely no junk food. No matter how hectic it gets my wife will drag me out of the office by 7:00pm for a long break and a healthy meal, and that's good.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hello James,

Once when in college I visited my parents not by driving there but using the bicycle for the 70 miles and back. I found that the "cost of fuel" was much higher than that for my car. This was in the 80's in Europe where gas cost already about as much as it does in the US now. Around $3/gallon. Problem was that the bicycle went on autopilot everytime it saw a nice pub where they had Hefeweizen.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Thanks. I miss him.

My dad would cut the fat off of meat, but loved to nibble on ginger snaps and crackers--baked goods where trans fats often hide.[1]

Not only good, that's a good woman as well. You're a lucky dog Joerg!

Best regards, James Arthur

[1] Not always true though. Since the latest science created such a hoopla, many companies are eliminating this ingredient from their formulas.
Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Same here. When I'm alone, "dinner" is a bottle of wine and a can of cashews ;-)

...Jim Thompson

Shame on you, eating all that food, causing all that global warming! :-)

Hefeweizen? My all-time favorite was Pilsner-Urquell, smuggled from Czechoslavakia over the East German Iron Curtain by a special forces spook, who'd traded weapons for it. He was kind enough to give my dad a modest share of the booty. I've had some of the imported version, and it isn't anything close, not even very good, IIRC.

Another fave was the local Weissenohe, guaranteed 13% alchohol content, and Zirndorfer gets an honorable mention. I brought back some of each in my luggage as a gift for a friend's father, but it didn't survive the trip. He opened one and gave me the first taste. I was humiliated--the beer was ruined--but he was thrilled: it was still absolutely the best beer he'd ever tasted.

Best Regards, James

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

How about if it's plated with something like nickel, or chrome, or moly?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well, the actual facts are, it doesn't make all that much difference what you eat - your body only keeps what it needs, or what it believes it needs. And its only source of information, besides your skin, is from your brain.

If you want to prevent hardening of the arteries, look for hard-heartedness in yourself.

If you're getting fat, look at how you're trying to feed your emotional humger with physical food.

If you could get your mind to release its brain lock, and actually feel into your actual physical self, you'll find the secret to health, which is unique to each individual, by the way.

Good Luck! Rich For mor information, please feel free to visit

Rich the Philosophizer

I've found that a can of warm Coca-Cola can really settle the stomach, the morning after the night before, so to speak. ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Oh, hell, f**king _WATER_ is like twelve bucks a gallon, if you buy those little 12-ounce bottles of "spring" water.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

That's OK, Joerg - Beer is Food. ;-)

So, what kind of time did you make? I think I can hit about 5 MPH on a bike. ;-) (well, maybe 15 if I want to break a sweat.) ;-)

But if I had a 70-mile trip ahead of me, I'd plan it very carefully, and plan on a couple of days to finish the trip - especially if it was in the kind of territory where the "refueling stations" [ ;-) ] are so abundant. ;-)

Thanks! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Only keeps what it needs? Absolutely wrong--that's about the silliest superstition I've ever seen. How does that theory explain obesity? How do people survive while in coma? Not to denigrate love, nurturing, and positive thinking, but your body is a physical thing, and it needs certain physical materials, in reasonable proportions, to maintain itself.

There's a lot of myth, and many of the details are not yet fully known, but the broad science is very clear: absent bad luck, what--and how much--you eat are the most important factors determining how long and how well you live.

It's not rocket science. If you get a lot of your calories from Coca Cola, you'll either be malnourished from lack of the vitamins, fats, protein, & minerals missing, or forced to over-eat other foods to get these. If you don't get them, your machinery suffers. It's that easy.

Simple measures can cut your heart risk in half, which is pretty good considering it's by far the most popular cause of death.

Regards, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Hello Rich,

I got a speeding ticket on that bicycle. Forgot how fast but IIRC it must have been well above 30km/h (about 20mph) because it was a road works and that's the usual limit over there in the cone zones. Passed a few cars and overlooked that one of them had a blue hump on it. Ouch.

Started around 8:00am and arrived after dark. With a whole lot of breaks, plus I had to slow down at the end because the rear wheel didn't like the luggage I carried. The spokes started to snap and the resulting imbalance began to shake things pretty good.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

Hello Frank,

Peanuts? On a board in a cheap consumer device that has numerous rubber switch pads that must be masked?

Did you try and monitor for 10-15 years?

Err, I don't think so.