lead free solder again

Feeding your emotional hunger with physical food. Trying desperately to fill up that big gaping hole in your middle where your personality is supposed to be, that sort of thing.

You've made exactly my point - remove your brain, and your body can survive almost indefinitely, as long as you're fed and watered.

Yes, but your body's own chemistry is better at sorting out which is which than your brain will ever be.

Your body is "a physical thing", yes, but it's not "a machine", made of nuts and bolts and beams and struts, except conceptually. You, in your body, are a living, feeling, breathing, being.

From the moment you're conceived, you know the difference between Right and Wrong, but as soon as you're born "they" start teaching you the opposite.

Yes, and you steadfastly refuse to learn any of them, apparently.

Prove it!

"Science?"

Pah! You reject any evidence that doesn't conform to your dogma. That's the opposite of science. Isn't "science" supposed to be "the quest for truth"?

Speaking of science, here's something you can actually test - you can do the experiment in the comfort of your chair:

And rejection of the whole idea because it doesn't fit into your existing dogma is very unscientific, indeed.

Are you man enough to actually do the experiment? Do you have the courage? Or are you just going to be another cowardly minion, blindly following your infallible ruler's dogma?

Good Luck! Rich

--
For more information, please feel free to visit http://www.godchannel.com
Reply to

Just reading all that lot was too much effort - so I poured another glass of pop, turned up the telly and settled back into my armchair!

Reply to
ian field

FB obviously has no clue and won't be told!!!

Reply to
ian field

Whiskers will poke right through conformal coat right above where they are initiating from, but they have difficulty poking back through the conformal coat. Also, the conformal coat yields additional protection from whiskers that have broken off and are just wandering around.

Reply to
Ken Finney

"Joerg" schreef in bericht news:jBTtg.66156$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net...

Someone expressed some concerns about TQFP's. I suggested applying some coating on the legs. With a brush. And I don't expect to find a PCB with rubber pads in a hermetically sealed box.

No, but I didn't try deep frying ice cubes either.

Yep, whiskers are growing everywhere these days. If they don't cause a short circuit, they will jam the cooling fan. When they have grown long enough, you can harvest them and knit a nice tie from it. Sheesh.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)

It figures.

Thanks anyway, Rich

--
For more information, please feel free to visit http://www.godchannel.com
Reply to
Rich the Philosophizer

He's exhibiting a dangerous case of 'they must know what they're doing' !

Graham

Reply to
Eeyore

And they also get very fat if overfed while in coma, even when brain-dead, which conflicts with your premise. And they get very sick and suffer from deficiency diseases if not properly tended. It makes a difference what you're fed, even when you have *no* brain to have emotions, or be confused about your body's actual needs.

Yes, but you've got to throw the raw goods in the hopper, obviously. Your body can't select and use things you haven't supplied. It's very easy to do--hardly critical at all--but you have to supply the basic essentials.

Gee, thanks for the vote of confidence. I spent a few years studying them, and make a modest effort to stay up-to-date.

But, any affect I might show of diet on people's health you'll simply blame on their attitude / emotional health / chakras, etc. Or if a food fails to support health, you'll say it doesn't fill people's spiritual / emotional needs. So it's pointless.

Example: If the body only takes what it needs, how can people ever be poisoned? Not just by lead, or cadmium, but even a large dose of salt--NaCl! Even water!

Lemme guess: These people's state-of-mind makes them vulnerable.

So here's my best shot: Suppose you, Rich, fulfill all your emotional needs, but eliminate all vitamin C from your diet. Subsist on, say, Crisco. Then, three months from now, let's see how many teeth you have left. (P.S. Please don't! Generations of sailors proved the point long ago.)

Best, James Arthur

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

Hello Ken,

And then it's "whisker meets whisker". Bzzzt .... poof.

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

My cure for microscopic whiskers/pin-holes on thick film boards...

6V/300A power supply ;-)

...Jim Thompson

What makes you think he has any teeth right now?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I've seen the pictures!

Best, James

(Rich posted his grinning mug a ways back, and grinning for good reason, as he was PhotoShopped in between a pair of sightly babes.)

Reply to
dagmargoodboat

How do you know the teeth weren't photoshopped as well?

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

"Joerg" schreef in bericht news:rpWtg.66197$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr27.news.prodigy.net...

are

conformal

whiskers

Look at the bright side. Most adjacent whiskers are on the same net ;)

The downside is, that it can even endanger other equipment that uses lead solder. Imagine whiskers growing out of your RoHS compliant equipment, entering the ventholes of your older non-RoHS stuff. Another KABOOM waiting around the corner...

LOL

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

You ae incorrect; coatings are unreliable - sometimes they work and sometimes they do not; and the longer one needs reliability, the lower the chances of success.

Reply to
Robert Baer

Mostly in compression, so as it grows, it can puncture almost anything.

Reply to
Robert Baer

What a pity you mock those who actually know what they're talking about! - I hope your TV gets whiskers and burns your house down, then you might not be so free and easy with the sarcastic remarks!

Reply to
ian field

Hello Frank,

Have you dealt with TSSOP packages or even smaller ones?

The real problem will be when a male whisker pokes through and see a stunning female whisker ... :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com
Reply to
Joerg

"ian field" schreef in bericht news:T9aug.9427$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe6-gui.ntli.net...

they

be

Yes, I seriously doubt what Joerg is talking about. And myself, for that matter. But I am confident about my next TV - those manufacturers do know what they are dealing with, and I don't hear them complain.

But, even you would have to admit that most adjacent whiskers are on the same net. So even if they do emerge, most of them will be pretty harmless. The more I'm thinking about it, applying some coating on the edges of TQFP's isn't such a crazy idea. At least it *is* an idea. All I hear from Joerg is complaining about something he has zero hands-on experience with.

--
Thanks, Frank.
(remove \'q\' and \'.invalid\' when replying by email)
Reply to
Frank Bemelman

"Joerg" schreef in bericht news:eAaug.5812$ snipped-for-privacy@newssvr25.news.prodigy.net...

No, TQFP is the smallest I have used.

Oops didn't think about that. Since I thought they were actually hermafrodites, I suppose this is an advantage ;)