How to connect a small solar panel

Maybe this is a very silly question to a lot of you, but I am doing this the first time. What are the steps in connecting a small solar panel ? There are two leads (+/-) like a battery, which will be connected to the appropriate connection points on my charge controller. Is there any other points to take care of ? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
dakupoto

snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote in news:17591941.3.1330574815599.JavaMail.geo- discussion-forums@pbje9:

Point the panels where most of the sun comes from. But you knew that already didn't you?

Reply to
Sjouke Burry

Not sure how big your panel is or even if that is important.....

Instuctions on a controller I installed stated that it was imperative that the panel was fully covered & sunlight blocked while making the wiring connections to the controller.

Reply to
Dennis