Freelance sites (lol!)

what a horrid site. And article behind paywall.

Reply to
tabbypurr

I personally do a small amount on Upwork. The biggest problem with frelance sites is that people who go to Upwork looking for help are generally looki ng for the cheapest solution. I am planning to test some more freelance sit es from this list

, so will keep y ou posted on my experience.

Reply to
tetianashpek

Engineering may not be so cheap, but the production requirements are practical. Dunno about Pakistan, can they order from Digi-Key?

I did tests on high-speed opamps as integrators, both to measure time duration, and also overall signal strength, into the 50ps region, and they worked perfectly, in textbook fashion. A simple ADC meas of their output to get the answers, after the pulse.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Another biggest problem with freelance sites is probably a good 50%-80% of jobs are untouchable irrespective of whatever they're paying because, after reading the potential client's solicitation, it's clear that they don't really know what they want, their goals and requirements are under-specified, and you can just tell that it's going to require a lot of back-and-forth and a knockdown, dragout fight to figure out what they're really looking for and you're still going to have to try to crystal-ball a lot of it.

Just to come up with some design they're probably going to be annoyed that you couldn't crystal-ball them on well enough and demand endless revisions or try to balk at payment on

Reply to
bitrex

Have you used current-mode amps as integrators?

To make a fast ramp, I generally charge a grounded cap and use an opamp as a follower. Many ADCs really want a low-z, buffered, RC filtered drive.

lunatic fringe electronics

Does it have to survive a nuke blast?

Reply to
Yzordderrex

Well, maybe, but for this I simply used the usual inverting-mode integrator, a resistor to the summing junction, and feedback integrating capacitor. I was amazed how well it worked, well past what I would have considered an fT limit. But I must have been using a VFB op-amp. Some of them are really fast. I'm a fan of the OPA659, etc., maybe it was one of those.

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

#1 electronics project request: machine that runs under its own power

#2: Some kind of weapons-thing

"Weapons. Nobody ever went broke selling weapons. But they just want their merchandise, no questions asked. And I'm....sigh...a people person."

Reply to
bitrex