For the snotty leftist weenie...

Boy ostrich is chasing girl ostrich across desert. Girl ostrich quickly makes a turn behind a dune, and hides her head in the sand. Boy ostrich rounds sand dune, looks around, says, "Where'd she go?"

And George W. Bush still thinks "victory" is possible in Iraq. And he thinks he'll wipe out Global Terrorism. And Al Gore thinks he can stop Global Warming.

Would you rather be hung or shot?

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise, Plainclothes Hippi

And from the aspect of technical feasibility he's correct as there's certainly no way the U.S. could be defeated militarily. It's a matter of time, cost, and will. And should the U.S. leave it won't be because they "couldn't win," it'll be because whoever's in power at the time simply decides to quit.

That's a misrepresentation.

And I suspect Al Gore would call that a misrepresentation as well.

The preferred method appears to be beheading.

Reply to
flipper

OK, so the dummycrats are turning out to be just as bad of liars, cheats, and thieves that the repugnacons have been all along.

So what? All statists are evil.

Thanks, Rich

Reply to
Richard The Dreaded Libertaria

How is it that everyone forgot who actually named her? Or that the prosecutor was told early in the investigation who it was but went after Libby anyway? Or that she was working at a desk because she had been outed years before, so the law in question didn't apply? Or that her husband, who actually was working overseas outed himself when he published his story in the NYT instead of submitting a written report to his superiors? Or that he claimed to have submitted a report and the 9-11 Commission determined that he lied?

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.

Leftist weenies are not only humorless, but are deep into Alzheimer-like denial as well.

...Jim Thompson

I'm not forgetting any of that, I just asked how Jim came to the conclusion he did from reading the article he posted. I read it, and my synopsis is above. I may have missed something in the article, and was asking to be clued in.

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

Jim, I'm as conservative as you, perhaps more. Stop the name calling, and answer my question.

-Chuck

Reply to
Chuck Harris

Who do you think it was?

Did you forget what Libby did?

Do you have any proof of that claim? Do you know who she claimed to work for?

I assume you have a shred of proof for this.

He wasn't secret so no outing could have happened. His trip was in no way convert.

The man was a republican remember.

Reply to
MooseFET

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

It's BDS;Bush Derangement Syndrome.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Chuck Harris wrote in news:S8OdnVn5VrRYADfbnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@rcn.net:

I see no name-calling. He's simply describing what the leftists behavior has exposed.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

MooseFET wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@g12g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

Richard Armitage

even you should be able to figure it out now....

snip

Richard Armitage was not prosecuted....

me

That you invert the burden of proof would be tragic, except for the fact that you seek proof that she worked at a desk job, and proof that the law says what it says, and proof that the man who finally admitted it is the one who did it, which is comic.

But she was covert at her desk!

--

Reply in group, but if emailing add another
zero, and remove the last word.
Reply to
Tom Del Rosso

innews: snipped-for-privacy@g12g2000prg.googlegroups.com:

At least you got the right likely answer. He did confess to it fairly early in the whole process.

I already knew the answer.

Have you never heard of a case where someone who commited a crime was not prosecuted? Did you notice that Armitage may have been unaware? Who told Armitage and why?

I noticed that you didn't answer the other questions.

News==----

#1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

120,000+ Newsgroups
Reply to
MooseFET

Not being a member or supporter of either major American political criminal organization, I have been viewing with amusement the denial on both sides of this issue. I propose that the person with the best knowledge of the facts in this case is Mr. Fitzgerald. During Libby's trial, he stuck to the facts concerning Libby's lies and obstructions in order not to confuse the issue and successfully achieved the conviction. Hoiwever, in his sentencing memorandum, he laid out the entire background of findings, including illegal disclosures to unauthorized persons (various reporters) by Rove and Cheney as well as Libby and Armitage. The judge apparently agreed with the criminal scenario since he increased Libby's sentence beyond the default range recommended in the probation office analysis. Please note: both the judge and prosecutor are career Republicans.

W's statement commuting Libby's prison time also admitted the reality of the crime:

Richard Henry

IIUIC, Libby wasn't convicted of "outing" Plame, he was convicted of fudging/perjuring his knowledge of the situation.

Sometimes I think the Mafia would make a better government... pains in the ass simply disappear... then we wouldn't have to be subjected to all this _staged_ crap ;-)

...Jim Thompson

That's true. The part that the Bush supporters have a hard time swallowing is that Libby's lies (and presumably those of others as well) made it difficult to obtain a conviction on the outing charges. There were too many conflicting stories, and the trial would likely have been a waste of time and money. However, Libby's lies (which occurred during the investigation) were easy to prove by comparing his statemenets to the FBI and Grand Jury with the statements of others.

If you take the time to actually read Fitzgerald's sentencing memorandum, you will at least understand HIS reason why no one else was prosecuted.

Reply to
Richard Henry

#1 Newsgroup Service in the World!

120,000+ Newsgroups

Armitage admitted to being the source for Novak's column, but that's not all that was going on. The investigation found other White House insiders speaking with other reporters as well and at about the same time, before Novak's column made Plame's status moot. One possible rational explanation of all this activity is that it was part of an administration effort to reduce the impact of Wilson's op-ed (Cheney was understandably perturbed that Wilson's trip had incorrectly been characterized as having been undertaken at his request) by making it appear to have been a trivial boondoggle.

Reply to
Richard Henry
[snip]

So what do you call the current Congress? With a performance rating LOWER than GWB.

Dirty Harry Reid's performance is beneficial to Republican candidates ;-)

...Jim Thompson

| 1962 | America: Land of the Free, Because of the Brave

When you win a gold medal at the Special Olympics, you're still Special.

Reply to
Richard Henry

Jim Thompson wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

it appears the DemocRATically controlled Congress has forgotten their promises of bipartisanship and concentrated on attacking the Executive Branch.

They are not getting much done that's of any use to the country.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik