favorite LDO?

Any preferences for a positive low-dropout linear regulator? I'd like

Leaded package, preferably no power pad

5v or so max input 1v min adjustable output (low enough for FPGA cores) 500 mA or so

dropout up to 0.5v would be OK. 1v even.

aux bias supply is OK

I'm currently using a tiny leadless power-pad ST part that I hate. I suspect that it goes bonkers if there is a fast charge-injection spike on its output, too. I'm going to experiment with that today, but I need manufacturing to solder one down to a test board; mere mortals can't do that.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

I have the TCA0372 dual opamp on the BOM already. That might make two LDOs.

--

John Larkin      Highland Technology, Inc

jlarkin

LM1117-ADJ is a well studied jelly bean but only goes down to 1.25V and just misses your 1V drop-out.

piglet

Reply to
piglet

There's the LDL112DR (ST Micro), 1.2A, 5.5Vin max, 0.8 min Vout, 0.6 Vdo, SO8, 40 cents in reels

and the MCP1725/MCP1726, similar 0.5/1.2A, with 0.36Vdo, SO8, also about

40 cents.

I haven't used either of them.

There are also fixed-voltage ones in SOT23 packages, such as the TLV74010 (1.3Vdo, 4 cents in reels).

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Reply to
Phil Hobbs

That's one of my favorite parts, given the limits you mention. I have a trick for using it with low-ESR output caps.

I could use that in a few places on my board, but not all.

Diodes/Zetex AP7365 looks interesting also Microchip MCP1826 and Rohm BD00IA5WEFJ might fit your needs.

piglet

Reply to
piglet