Failing 4051s

I've seen several IC sockets let go, of the flat bent over strip type. So not good for production.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr

Yes those are crap and should not be used. The gold plated turned ones are OK.

It also depends on vibration requirements of course, in some cases you should not use IC sockets ;-)

Reply to
<698839253X6D445TD

I don't think I'll ever forget finding a cheapo ic socket that had let go of ALL the pins.

NT

Reply to
tabbypurr