DSP chips for guitar effects

Hi all

I want to design a guitar effect with some DSP chip. Which DSP chip might be good for this ?

Thanks EC

Reply to
RealInfo

A sort-of standard in the stomp-box world is the Freescale Symphony. Line6 uses it for their ToneCore series, and even offer a DIY developer's kit featuring all of the stomp box hardware, a development environment, and some sample effects:

-Jim MacA.

Reply to
Jim MacArthur

Microchip dsPICs are ideal for that sort of thing:

14&lang=3Den&pageId=3D75

I'd look at the little 18-pin dsPIC33FJ06GS101

Reply to
Leon

Please don't multi-post. If you must post to several newsgroups (and this isn't a bad subject to do so with) please cross-post instead. If you don't know those terms, please look at Wikipedia's excellent entry:

Web Forums: Some of the features of USENET, done uniformly less well.

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Tim Wescott