Digital and Analog power Supplies

Hi,

I have the need to design Video ADC, on the chip im thinking about using (ADV7181B) states the desired need to use seperate Analog and Digital Power Supplies.

However I dont really want to have to supply another supply, as this will complicate my design more than it need be.

The board I have is an FPGA board, so there will be the issue of noisey power supply I suppose caused by digital logic.

What is the best way to use the power supply for my ADC but also has the digital components in?

Any articles or information would be greatly recieved

Thanks

David

Reply to
googlinggoogler

You don't need 2 power supplies, you just need to 2 connections. The digital and analog will have seperate pins, you use seperate PCB tracks from the pins to the decoupling capacitors. You may also like to use LC filters, a small but low resistance inductor in series with the supplies with caps on each side. You would probably take your analog tracks up to the power supply rather than hanging them onto the digital supply lines. What you are basically trying to avoid is having digital circuits being supplied from the PCB tracks your analog circuits are feeding from.

Many data sheets and app notes for analog/digital devices will give examples, or you could just look "evaluation boards" for high end chips, you will probably find the PCB layout in the online documentation.

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
Roger