Design of Crystal and Other harmonic Oscillators... help for untrovable book

Hi, I'm searching for this book.

It's seems untrovable, someone could help me?

This is the reference:

"Design of oscillator and other harmonic oscillators " by Benjamin Parzen (Published by John Wiley and Sons) ISBN 0-471-08819-6

Thanks for help.

Fabio

Reply to
POWERMOS

Trove harder?

John_H

"John_H" ha scritto nel messaggio news:zacBf.1591$ snipped-for-privacy@news02.roc.ny...

Thanks for link, I've found from other place the Amazon link, but price is very high for me... I hope someone could have a electronic copy for this book, I've also try a search from the publication web site without found some copy, this is sad, a very good book that is not reacheable....

Thanks for reply fabio

Reply to
POWERMOS

bugger that. see my hartley/colpitts post.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

I've see it... tnx a lot if you can help me :)

Fabio

Reply to
POWERMOS

Sheesh, 12 seller copies, and the price is from $153 to $750, with 10 sellers (83%) over $275 and *half* of them over $680? !!??

Gaaarrwwkk! Whew, I'm glad I already have a copy. Damn! What's the matter with these guys, anyway? Do they all want to hold on to their inventory forever? Sure they look at each other's prices, but just as a signal to *raise* their own price? I was always told efficient competition was supposed to lower the prices!! Sheesh on a stick!

It seems there's a new rule a-foot for limited-quantity items, raise the price until nobody will buy. What's the world coming to anyway?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

I'm totally agree with you, this is a very good book for learning, and I think, may be a good idea from editor to keep it free of charge or almost keep it in PDF protected format, but is very sad that isn't distribuite a copy of this book, this bring only a things, a loss in knowledge!

Bye fabio

Reply to
POWERMOS

Fabio, you should have posted the fact that you are looking for a free book. I don't know what you do for a living, but surely you place some value on your time. Folks who invest their time in writing books expect but rarely enjoy compensation for their efforts. Are you a communist?

"I really need this stuff... thanks for help." is what you wrote and that puzzles me.

Reply to
Charles Schuler

"Charles Schuler" ha scritto nel messaggio news:4P2dnaNKJfQL snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com...

almost

book.

Hei, sorry but this is a miss-uderstading, my idea is not for free book or stole it or hack it in some way... I've write lot of notes for my tutorate on university for my student for free, just for passion... usually I buy all the book, but i this way this is a old book and also a good one, I'm try to buy it, but this one is very expensive for me... I just talk about publisher about some pdf copy or with a price below the hardcover book in PDF format... that's all...

sincerely Fabio

Reply to
POWERMOS

Well, I don't argue for that at all. There is no "editor" but only a publisher, Wiley-Interscience, who published the book under a contract agreement in 1983 with the author, Benjamin Parzen, about 23 years ago. It's likely Benjamin Parzen would like to see his book available once again, and if Wiley isn't interested, he may be able to recapture the copyright from them and seek a new publisher. There's a new method of dealing with older books that have a lower sales rate: print on demand. Benjamin Parzin's book may already be available that way, or Wiley or someone else could make it so. Typically prices are in the $100-$200 range, which is more affordable than 80% of the old used copies.

Aha! Google reveals that members of the IEEE UFFC Society can read the book online.

 Thanks,
    - Win
Reply to
Winfield Hill

Hi Win,

did you get the 20-CD UFFC compilation they offered a couple of years back? I did, its kept me busy (and fairly confused) for a long time :)

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

alas, its pretty common.

a few years back I spotted Zieglers tome "gyrodynamics". I was quite interested, but the shop wanted $200 for it - their excuse was "thats what its worth online"

3 years later, they sold it to me for $40. I successfully argued that the book is worth precisely what someone is prepared to pay, and that all this time they were paying rent....

I also got a beautiful (but alas incomplete) set of the "Encyclopaedia of Mathematics and its applications" for $200 - 14 tomes. They wanted between $40 and $80 each. I have since been searching for the remaining volumes....

last night I bought a couple of books:

14575736-1 Radio Direction Finders, Bond 18.94 14575736-2 Microwave Electronics, 2.95 14575736-3 Microwave Transmission, Slater 6.90 14575736-4 Radar Scanners and Radomes, Cady, Karelitz & Turner 4.95 14575736-5 Micro-Waves and Wave Guides, Barlow 9.89 14575736-6 Transmission Lines Antennas and Wave Guides, King 7.95 14575736-7 Short Wave Wireless Communication 4th Ed, Ladner 9.43 14575736-8 Microwave Antenna Theory & Design, Silver 31.00 (my first rad-lab book :) 14575736-9 Wave Guides, 3rd Edition, Lamont 9.51 14575736-10 Aerials for Centimetre Wave-Lengths, Fry & Goward 24.95 14575736-11 Transmission-line theory 13.95 14575736-12 Aeronautical Radio Engineering, Sandretto 7.95 14575736-13 Micro-Wave Measurements, Barlow 5.19 14575736-14 Aerials for Metre and Decimetre Wave-Lengths, Smith 9.68

shipping was almost as much as the books. I'd just read H. Paul Williams Antenna design vol.2, so went thru the bibliography.

Cheers Terry

Reply to
Terry Given

I saw that but didn't get a copy. Isn't that still available? It's probably worth a small fortune to anyone who uses piezo-whatever, as most of us do in one way or another...

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

What are those 14575736-x numbers?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

It sure would be nice if MIT would scan the series and place it online. (I wonder who has the rights to the series, anyway?)

Hmm, it looks like someone has it in .pdf, just not accessible:

newell
Reply to
Scott Newell

Most libraries will do an Intra-library loan and pull fromup to 5 nearby states...

Reply to
Robert Baer

Can you say, "Hell in a handbasket"? ;-P

Cheers! Rich

--
"We have met the enemy and he is us." - Pogo Possum
Reply to

Do they also do that in Italy? ;-)

Thanks, Rich

Reply to