clean memory stick

Mo just handed me my Kingston USB memory stick, which had been through the washer and dryer. I must have left it in a shirt pocket by mistake.

It works fine, and the contacts must be nice and clean.

John

On a sunny day (Sun, 24 Apr 2011 10:57:05 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

Many years ago, when we had driving licenses that were on sort of a pink linen, you guessed it, it came out a nice pink blank. I did send it in and got a new one..

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

"John Larkin" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Isn't that the recommended procedure for cleaning off the water based flux's?

Martin Riddle

I do that all the time.

USB sticks have always come out fine. I have a pair of glasses that didn't do as well, though I still use them (wearing them now).

Reply to
krw

She obviously knew what type of filthy material you had stored on it. You oughtta be ashamed of yourself.

Bob

--
== All google group posts are automatically deleted due to spam ==
Reply to

Too lazy to format it yourself? :)

Reply to
Pimpom

"Martin Riddle" wrote in news:ip1pjd$dp7$1@dont- email.me:

I think they use filtered,deionized water for that. Otherwise,you'd get mineral deposits when the water evaporated.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik

Yeah, nasty stuff like this:

ftp://jjlarkin.lmi.net/Red.jpg

John

See, now you have all that rust :-)

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

On a sunny day (Sun, 24 Apr 2011 13:29:14 -0700) it happened John Larkin wrote in :

What is that?

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

A snow plow, to free train tracks that are under many feet of snow. In action they look like this:

Usually trains out here just barrel through when the layer isn't too thick:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

On a sunny day (Sun, 24 Apr 2011 14:11:37 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

Impressive!

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Here they stop driving when there are just a few leaves scattered on the tracks!

Reply to
Jaded Hobo

Man, that thing sucks.

Reply to
krw

Theres a video of the RED.jpg version of the snow thrower at speed, but I can't find it. It's really impressive.

Martin Riddle

Where's "here"?

Over here (US) they are quite brazen. Better not to drive up to RR crossings too closely, as this driver luckily remembered in time:

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Use another domain or send PM.
Reply to
Joerg

On a sunny day (Sun, 24 Apr 2011 17:37:16 -0700) it happened Joerg wrote in :

Same 'here' wit he leaves. Could it be the trains are electric and the leaves an isolator? I have also seen that electric pickup construction on top of a train (dunno the name of it in Engish) burn right through the HV wire because of bad contact when there was some ice. Those US trains are all diesel-electric I suppose.

Reply to
Jan Panteltje

Idiot! Trains ARE electric. Our trains use a diesel engine to run a generator that powers an electric drive motor. There is no power feed from the tracks. You watch too much TV.

How can you call yourself an engineer and be so damned dumb about so much?

Reply to
I AM THAT I AM

Permanent press or delicate cycle? Just wondering. :)

I once accidentally washed & dried a Fisher SpacePen. It actually worked much better afterwards.

Reply to
mpm