Arduino code sources?

Designing and building a solid-state audio power amp is one of those things I did one time because like, it's something a budding engineer should probably do at least once. I guess.

I did learn quite a bit but after I was done was not eager to do it again because for one thing there are already so many great off-the-shelf products at relatively low cost, designed by likely far better audio engineers than I am.

Tubes are a different story I like futzing with tubes from time to time.

Reply to
bitrex

In any case my CDs, tapes, LPs etc. are almost entirely "gone with the snows of yesteryear" in nearly now, at the year of our Lord 2020 AD.

Reply to
bitrex

When everybody stopped using transformers?

--
 Thanks,
    - Win

Or started running acronyms backwards?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

It's hard to beat the simplicity and cost of two resistors with an opamp. Arn Roatcap hosts a webpage with interesting virtual ground circuits at:

Although the circuit at the bottom of the webpage uses the two resistors with an opamp, Roatcap also warns:

Here is a rail splitter virtual ground circuit which "works", but is a second or third choice sonically. While it does center the ground point perfectly, it requires a constant current source (the LD1085V) hung on its output to sound any good when powering audio circuits. Furthermore, both the L165 and the LD1085V require heat sinks, so this circuit is not good for battery use (too much wasted power).

The virtual ground circuit (along with the pre-amp and amp circuits) are all on one separate daughterboard in my design, which lends itself to experimentation. The "sonic quality" aspect may (or may not) pique my interest enough to investigate it in the future.

73,
--
Don Kuenz, KB7RPU
Reply to

And Harbison and Steele as number two.

--
"He who will not reason is a bigot;
he who cannot is a fool;

Agreed. My son taught himself C out of K&R just a few years back, and liked it very well.

H&S was an excellent book, and I used it for several years. However, time has moved on, and the old-time C libraries are showing their age. I still used , but stuff like strdup() and realloc()? Really?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

http://electrooptical.net
http://hobbs-eo.com
Reply to
Phil Hobbs

I confess, I haven't programmed in anger for thirteen years or more, so anything I say is probably well out of date!