Anyone interested in an "old motherboard"?

It's not so old it's vintage, but rather a ~10 year old motherboard of unknown model, CPU type, or even functionality, all yours for less than $25 shipped!

Reply to
hondgm

Why would I spend $25 for a unknown motherboard from you when I can buy a known motherboard from Weird Stuff for less than $10 ?

Dan

Reply to
dcaster

You obviously don't work in government.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Just to be clear, this isn't my listing. My eBay listings have far more detail than this.

Reply to
hondgm

It has a parallel port, AGP slot, and connectors for primary and secondary IDE channels.

My guess is it's a lot older than 10 years. Looks like late 1990s/very early 2000s maybe

Reply to
bitrex

early 2000's based on what seem to be date codes on the ICs.

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

unknown model, CPU type, or even functionality, all yours for less than $25 shipped!

Yeah you're probably right. SATA and PCI-Express were common 10 years ago. I didn't study the picture too much at first, but it still isn't old enou gh nor unique I don't believe to garner much of a price, especially conside ring the utter lack of info on it.

Reply to
hondgm

Here's your chance to make some cash. I have six boards I'll send you for $10ea plus shipping. If that's works out, I'll start collecting them for you. Outdated computers are, well, plentiful.

Reply to
amdx

Do you have any of those hard to find AOL sign up CD-ROMs?

Reply to
Taxed and Spent

Looks a lot like the mobo on the first Pentium II desktop I had, a Dell from circa 1998. My second "real computer" after a hand-me-down 386SX I got around 1993 that I used until then. Guessing this one is probably for a PIII processor (assuming it's Wintel) or similar AMD.

Remember the days of gigantic non-integrated "Northbridge" chips with their own heatsinks and stuff? Blast from the past!

Reply to
bitrex

Contact the seller, which isn't me.

Reply to
hondgm

VIA got out of the mobo chipset business around 10 years ago, and good riddance. Their stuff (particularly their audio chipsets) were always buggy poorly-supported garbage.

Reply to
bitrex

It's an Asus A7V8X-LA Socket A AMD motherboard.

Thank you,

--
Don Kuenz KB7RPU
Reply to

f unknown model, CPU type, or even functionality, all yours for less than $

25 shipped!

ago. I didn't study the picture too much at first, but it still isn't old enough nor unique I don't believe to garner much of a price, especially con sidering the utter lack of info on it.

Or those peltier CPU coolers that generated even more heat, and on top of t hat, would develop condensation if the CPU went into a low power mode? Tha t's marketing at its best.

I used to have an Abit BP6, that dual Celeron socket 370 board. I had two

400MHz CPUs in there. That thing was a speed demon in its day, and good fo r bragging rights back when single-core/cpu computers were the norm.
Reply to
hondgm

I think you're correct. And it does have SATA I now see.

I love how the seller has it on his lap for a photo. Apparently ESD doesn' t exist where he lives. Recently I purchased a used SODIMM from someone on eBay, and it was dropped in a padded shipping envelope. Completely bare. Even many IT people don't seem to consider ESD an issue.

I ran memtest86 on it for hours and no failures, and it's still working fin e. Apparently these modules are pretty tough, but I still take precautions .

Reply to
hondgm

Looks like the mobo you posted is an HP part (it also has SATA ports but they're black and a bit hard to see down at the bottom left)

The amusing thing is that while my Spanish is a little rusty I believe "vendido por" means that one sold! For $55!

Reply to
bitrex

Reply to
bitrex

A closeup look at the dates on the chips show around '02-'03.

Reply to
doh

It's actually kind of a weird mobo; it's fitted for an AMD Socket A which was on the way out by 2003, but also has some newer stuff like two SATA ports and a P4 power supply connector. Plus serial, parallel, and PS/2 ports. And Firewire, too!

Might be desirable in some circles...

Reply to
bitrex

ASUS sold boards like this to people upgrading their PC, so the board supports both old and new interfaces. Eg: a system builder is only going to want SATA, but someone doing an upgrade probably wants to connect their old hard drive too.

Jasen Betts